All reviewsqueen bedla cafethree nightslog cabinplace to stayparking lotkitchenettelakesideconcertlenmotelmattressescomfort
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I drove here from Toronto, Canada area with another couple and met up with some local friends to attend the Alice Cooper / Deep Purple concert at DTE.

What can I say? This place is a gem and the lakeside rooms are definitely worth the extra money. We stayed for three nights and had an amazing time. Tim (the owner) has obviously spent a lot of time and money renovating this place and it shows. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with any needs we had. This included providing some dishes to use during our stay. They even had a charcoal BBQ and picnic table which we used numerous times to prepare our own meals.

The deck on the lake is fantastic for relaxing during the day and a great place to gather with friends over a few drinks after the show.

As previous reviews have stated, Tim and his staff recommended the services of Transportation By Len to get us to the concert and back safely and efficiently. Lenny was a real fun driver and showed up right on time to pick us up and was waiting for us right outside the gate when the show ended and had us back to the hotel in less than 30 minutes and even made a requested stop for one of my friends.

In closing, as the subject line says, this could very well be an annual tradition for us to come to Michigan for a summer concert and we will definitely be staying at the Olde Mill Inn of Clarkston. One final note... This place books up months in advance during the summer concert season.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

This is truly an amazing little lakefront inn, I can't say enough about it from the extremely clean rooms, to the friendly staff. It really was a pleasure staying there. I would definitely recommend this motel. The rates are very reasonable, and you can't beat the view, from the beach to the wildlife it's just fantastic.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2017

This was our 2nd time visiting the Olde Mill Inn, and once again it didn't disappoint! Owner Tim and his staff take great pride in their property and it shows in every detail! We couldn't wait to see Tim again and sure enough he was there to greet us upon our arrival with hugs! We felt like part of the family! Cozy, clean rooms with all the comforts of home, make you feel as if you are at the cottage up north, minus the long up north drive! Coffee on the deck and feeding the ducks is a great way to spend the morning taking in the beautiful view of the lake. In fact we are already looking at the calendar trying to find a date in the fall to visit, as I imagine the view is even more incredible! Whether you are in town for vacation,or even just overnight to see a show at nearby DTE Energy Music Theatre (the reason for both of our visits where we saw Jimmy Buffett,) The Olde Mill Inn is the definitely the place to stay! Well done Tim, you should be very proud!!!

Room Tip: Room 17 and 18, Great views of lake.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2017

We stayed here for about a week in June 2017 for an event in Clarkston and were so pleased at just how charming, comfortable and relaxing this little gem is. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated with cabin-like decor and right outside your door is a long lakefront terrace complete with tables and chairs, wild ducks, swans and other water birds. They even have complimentary paddle-boats if you want to tool around the small lake.

The staff including the owner Tim were very friendly, down home and cooperative, ready to help in any way they can. It was really just lovely and we missed the place the moment we moved on. We would have been very happy to have been able to stay there much longer.

The Inn is intimate, homey, friendly, quiet and so peaceful on the lake at night. It was such a welcome difference from a big imposing Marriott or Holiday inn. Really like a home away from home.

The room is well laid out and came with a tiny kitchen, stove, small fridge, cabinets, and microwave. We even cooked simple meals in the room a couple of times.

I couldn't recommend this charming little spot more. We can't wait to go back some day!

Room Tip: We had a lakefront room and it was great!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2017

I was having some work done on my place and needed someplace close to home. I was pleasantly surprised. The Old Mill Inn is within a few miles of my home. My room was extremely clean, the bed was like brand new and Tim and his staff are professional and and friendly. I would recommend to anyone coming this direction for concerts or sporting events to definitely check into staying here

Room Tip: Some rooms have waterfront view and balconies. Quiet location and very well maintained property
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled solo