“Average. Good service”
Review of Days Inn of Clare

Days Inn of Clare
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clare
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Good service. Average hotel average rooms. Good location in clare. Average breakfast M. N. jacuzzi was clean. Good hear people walking above room above uss

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
2  Thank NICK K

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel after we had attended a football game at a nearby college. The hotel was just average. Everything was neat and clean. Beds weren't very comfortable and the walls must be paper thin. We went with several other couples on this trip and they were in rooms right next to us. I could hear what they were saying word for word through the walls. The night staff was great helping us get checked in. We had one couple in our party cancel last minute and the hotel wasn't willing to refund their room rate. I totally understand why they didn't , it was a big football game and the hotel was full. We were surprised when we arrived the clerk told us that they would go ahead and refund the room rate. I was thrilled since we had held the rooms with our credit card. They didn't have to do that and was very happy they did. We had all kinds of trouble with our room keys not working. The staff was busy and they did a great job getting our keys to finally work and brought them up to our room for us. Breakfast was just average also, but such a friendly girl filling everything and making sure guest had what they needed. So guess I would like to say the staff at this hotel are great.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank marla2911
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Pleasantly surprised. Usually choose Holiday inn expressover Days inn, but was concerned about reviews. This was a great choice. Hotel was clean, quite, well furnished. Loved the breakfast bar in my suite and pool. Sorry, my trip was cut short and I only had one night to enjoy. And, yes, the front desk staff was great, also. Will definitely stay there on my future trips to Mount Pleasant

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in mount pleasant and everything went perfect! My room was so clean, and the service was amazing! It was within walking distance of several restaurants, and the Hot tub was great! I would for sure stay here on my next trip to MI!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Recently spent a night here while at a nearby music festival and have to say it was a very pleasant stay. The room was nice, and our window overlooked a landscape instead of a parking lot. The staff was great, very courteous and helpful. There's no elevator to the second floor which would have been nice as we had overnight luggage as well as guitars to carry in, but it was no biggie. Would definitely stay here again, but would try and avoid the breakfast bar at peak times since a lot of families with small children stay here.

Room Tip: If you can't navigate stairs, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary. This hotel was reasonably priced, the reviews were good, and it was near the activities we had planned. I booked a room with a king bed, when they found out it was our anniversary, they upgraded our room to one with a hot tub, for no additional charge. We were surprised! The staff was great, very friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was more than we expected. We would stay again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor,overlooking the parking lot, in the hall leading to the pool. I thou...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Reserved a king room on first floor, only to get room on 2nd floor and no elevator. Upon entering room, king bed is what we had. No refrigerator, couch, or table as the picture and room description showed. Bathroom so small, was impossible to close door without practically getting in tub. Served the purpose of a place to sleep on the way to our final destination. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy G
Days I, Manager at Days Inn of Clare, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your time to leave a review, I wanted to personally apologize for the mix up on the room location, unfortunately our kings on the ground floor are limited. These are held at a first come, first serve basis do the the amount on the ground floor. Our deluxe king rooms do come with refrigerators and microwaves, however our standard rooms do not. The room you may have seen online was one of our suites. These do include a king bed, couch and table. Majority of our bathrooms are handicap accessible, so again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Our goal is to provide excellent customer, and a hospitable stay. We appreciate you staying, and hope you will consider us for a future stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clare
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
#2 of 14 in Mount Pleasant
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Lakeside Motel & Cottages

Been to Days Inn of Clare? Share your experiences!