“I would for sure stay here on my next trip to MI!”
Review of Days Inn of Clare

Days Inn of Clare
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clare
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in mount pleasant and everything went perfect! My room was so clean, and the service was amazing! It was within walking distance of several restaurants, and the Hot tub was great! I would for sure stay here on my next trip to MI!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn of Clare

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Recently spent a night here while at a nearby music festival and have to say it was a very pleasant stay. The room was nice, and our window overlooked a landscape instead of a parking lot. The staff was great, very courteous and helpful. There's no elevator to the second floor which would have been nice as we had overnight luggage as well as guitars to carry in, but it was no biggie. Would definitely stay here again, but would try and avoid the breakfast bar at peak times since a lot of families with small children stay here.

Room Tip: If you can't navigate stairs, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary. This hotel was reasonably priced, the reviews were good, and it was near the activities we had planned. I booked a room with a king bed, when they found out it was our anniversary, they upgraded our room to one with a hot tub, for no additional charge. We were surprised! The staff was great, very friendly and efficient. The continental breakfast was more than we expected. We would stay again!

Room Tip: Our room was on the first floor,overlooking the parking lot, in the hall leading to the pool. I thou...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Reserved a king room on first floor, only to get room on 2nd floor and no elevator. Upon entering room, king bed is what we had. No refrigerator, couch, or table as the picture and room description showed. Bathroom so small, was impossible to close door without practically getting in tub. Served the purpose of a place to sleep on the way to our final destination. Will not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kathy G
Days I, Manager at Days Inn of Clare, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for your time to leave a review, I wanted to personally apologize for the mix up on the room location, unfortunately our kings on the ground floor are limited. These are held at a first come, first serve basis do the the amount on the ground floor. Our deluxe king rooms do come with refrigerators and microwaves, however our standard rooms do not. The room you may have seen online was one of our suites. These do include a king bed, couch and table. Majority of our bathrooms are handicap accessible, so again, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Our goal is to provide excellent customer, and a hospitable stay. We appreciate you staying, and hope you will consider us for a future stay.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I stayed overnight here to pick up my daughter the next morning at a nearby camp. As I was staying alone, I was a little nervous as I pulled in because the setting is a little desolate looking - perched behind restaurants and backed by an empty field. I was hoping that the interior wasn't going to be as off putting - luckily it wasn't.

Pros: The lobby was nice and the lady at the front desk greeted me with a smile. She was very friendly as she checked me in. My room was very big (looked like it used to be a double queen instead of a king) and clean. The bathroom was clean and in good shape - it looked fairly updated. Coffeemaker, blow dryer and iron in the room. The continental breakfast was the normal fare - waffle machine, cereal, yogurt, pastries, coffee and juice. Not spectacular, but clean and included in the cost of the room and I was able to find something to eat even on a restricted diet. The view of the field behind was actually quite a nice setting for the breakfast room.

Cons: Walls a bit thin - I could hear the guy in the room next to me snoring. Also, when I got my bill, there was a 1.50 Safe Convenience Fee. As I had not used the safe, it seemed a little odd. I noticed there was a safe in the room, but I didn't bring any valuables on a quick overnight trip. But it was only 1.50, so I wasn't going to quible about it. The front desk guy in the morning was not nearly as friendly as the night lady. He barely looked up from the computer as people came down for breakfast, and when I went back upstairs he was loudly complaining to one of the maids about how a patron had been complaining about the safe fee and didn't want to pay it. Please don't talk about customers in front of other customers. When I checked out he just took my keys - no "how was your stay" or anything like that.

Overall, however, for the price (booked through AAA for their discount rate) this is a good choice. Definitely would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I would like to Thank all the staff members at Days Inn in Clare. Our Family is going through a diffucult time. I live in the Clinton Twps. Mich area and have to continually travel back and forth on the weekends. My sister daughter (Stepahaine) has brain cnaner and she needs our help. My sister lives just outside Farwell. If there is any way we can continue to get a speical rate it would really help. I have explained to the staff what is going on and there are very helpful. My e-mail address is kathyshekoski@sbcglobal.net Thank you again.

Room Tip: For the last several times we have had Room 132 Its an end room. Very peaceful
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel the last week in June, and there were so many positives I don't even know where to begin so I guess I'll start at the beginning. A gentleman named Rion took my initial reservation, and was probably the most helpful front desk clerk I have ever spoken with. Then when I checked in he was working, and I wanted to check in early. Some places make it to be a big problem checking in early, but not Rion he rearranged things in order to get me into a clean room even though it was quite obvious they were busy, but he did everything possible to make me feel special as a customer and every guest I saw talk to him left with a smile. He wasn't the only great employee though every member of the staff was extrememly friendly and did everything within their power to make sure people were comfortable. With that being said I will never stay anywhere else while I'm in this area of michigan. Thank you Days Inn of Clare I will remember this experience for the the rest of my life

• Stayed: June 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clare
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Mt. Pleasant
Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
Lakeside Motel & Cottages

Been to Days Inn of Clare? Share your experiences!