“An enjoyable experience hard to forget”
Review of Doherty Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clare
Doherty Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clare
Reviewed July 24, 2007

Excellent and Highly Recommend to others. Very Clean. Staff friendly and prompt. Excellent food as well. Will stay at again. :)

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank jennifertowelie

Reviewed February 27, 2007

We were very pleased with the comfoft of the rooms, hospitality of the staff and owners. Food was great.

Overall facility was very clean

We plan on going againwhen we travel through the area. Looked at some of the upcoming events and we will plan our trips around them if possible

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Jake72
Reviewed February 10, 2007

Our trip was planned with my sisster and her husband so we could have a swim week-end with my 2 1/2 year old son. When I booked the room I told the person taking the reservation that we were coming to use the pool. I then rechecked on Friday 2/9/07 because the weather had been cold and was assured the pool was in working order. Well, the pool area was cold to say the least. The pool itself was also cold and we were unable to stay in the water for longer than 15 minutes. When we asked the staff to turn the heat up all we received was whining and complaints of only having two heaters on the roof. When I raised my voice they finally did check on the heat. At 12:30 p.m. on 2/10/07 the heat read 70, at 7:00 p.m. it read 72. Now either their heating system is a joke or they really made no effort. As for the pool water temperature they would not adjust it. They told us to use the hot tub set at at least 104 degrees.....a little hot for a two year old.

My sister upon making her reservation for the same night was told they had a continental breakfast, however, they did not tell her the continental breakfast is only served on weekdays and of course we were not told this until Sunday morning at 7:00 a.m. with a hungry 2 1/2 year old looking for his muffin and juice.

For $122 a night this place was a dump. Our room #152 had water damage with mold near the the bottom of the heater and the two front security doors that appear to need pass cards to enter actually open right up to anyone.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. The reservation people lie to you and when confronted with problems the staff just says I'll tell the owners......when you offer a service for money you are actually suppose to provide a service.......dump....dump....dump When confronted with all these problems again at check-out they were not willing to lower the bill. So, I said I would pass the word and that is why I filled this out form.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank dump1
Reviewed August 21, 2006

The Doherty Hotel is not a fancy four star hotel but it is quite comfortable.The breakfast offered in the package was very good. The restaurant is a little pricey for some meals but there are not a lot of choices in Clare. The standard room booked in the package is comfortable but I would book the next level up - deluxe - when I return. The golf package is really great. We played four non- supplement courses which were fine and a good test of golf especially Eagle Glen and Snow Snake .There are other courses available for an additional supplement. Golfers from Ontario Canada will find this to be a really good deal compared to prices at courses and golf packages at home.
The staff was quite helpful and attentive. The hotel does cater to package group bookings and it is a pleasent place to stay. The pool area is fine although the hot tub could use a little more jet stream.
Clare is a very nice village with several interesting shops. the larger centre of Mount Pleasent is fifteen minutes away. Be sure to visit the Mountain station Brewery in Mount Pleasent.

Stayed: August 2006
3  Thank wdwalker
Reviewed August 6, 2006

We have used the Doherty for golfing trips two of the last three years, and will probably put them on our schedule every year. The ony glitch we encountered was a charge for a cot for one night. The staff corrected the problem right away. We have enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The tee times have been set up according to our request. Our group consists of 12 to 20 guys who love to play golf. We will probably keep going back until we get tired of the local courses, but it would still be on our list to come back to. Our next trip to the Doherty will be mid-August, 2006.

• Stayed: July 2005
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Shadow01
A TripAdvisor Member
Memphis, TN
Reviewed February 17, 2006

Our room, the JFK Suite, was great. The staff from the front desk, to the restaurant, to the bar were all VERY helpful and pleasant. I had asked for a bottle of wine and a dozen yellow roses to be placed in the room for our arrival. I wasn't disappointed. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: May 2001
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
grand rapids michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2006

I stayed at the doherty hotel and the dirty room was very small, the staff at the desk didn't care and was unwilling to even try to clean the room or move us to another room. Very disappointing stay. Waitresses were top notch great restaurant staff, food was over priced and bland.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clare
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Days Inn of Clare
Days Inn of Clare
#2 of 4 in Clare
Lakeside Motel & Cottages

Been to Doherty Hotel? Share your experiences!