“Doherty Hotel”
Review of Doherty Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clare
Doherty Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clare
Reviewed July 15, 2014

My wife and I were just at the Doherty for 3-nights on a Golfing package from July 6th - 9th 2014. The room was very clean. The food was excellent. The staff would go above and beyond. The pool area was very clean and the pool was like bath water. This was my 1st year going on this trip with a group of people that have been going to the Doherty for years. We will be back. Excellent job to the Doherty staff for making this a wonderful trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Croatian Sloven... H

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay. We didn't have any hot water one night. The front desk sent someone up within five minutes and the problem was solved. The pool area looked nice and inviting. The room was very comfortable and very clean. The staff was awesome and we also enjoyed the restaurant. Can 't wait to go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ssim1959
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed at the Doherty on a business trip. I was completely and utterly disappointed! I stayed in room 103 across from the pool, in what I was told was the "new" section of the hotel by staff. They did indicate that they did not use the rooms in the "old" part since they need renovations. I can say that the room I stayed in was in need of major renovations itself. Very dated! For a place that bills itself as a hotel and conference center it would seem logical to have a desk and chair in the rooms, not just a table with two kitchen type chairs. The beds were awful and the walls were so thin I could hear EVERYTHING in the rooms on either side of me!

Room Tip: Another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
4  Thank Stacy A
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This hotel two weeks after staying there charged me $750 saying all three rooms where smoked in. Only one person out of the 7 smoke cigs and that is me and I went in my truck to do it. Tried calling and they hung up on me. They do this I think because they have no other customers to pay there bills . Now I have to hire a lawyer so I don't get robbed of my $. So if u stay there do not give them anything but cash!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
10  Thank Drod2000
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel could be a real piece of history if fixed up a little. It is a nice place to stay, staff is very friendly and willing to accommodate you with what you need. Its a little outdated but I enjoy staying here when I'm passing through.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Great time and great party. This was our second year in a row to attend the New Year's Eve bash. It was a lot of fun. The Sinclair's are a great band and know how to get the party rolling. The food was delicious. There could have been a better flow of the lines, something that they need to work on next year. And...as I have said before, the spa area needs a little updating. Staff is always courteous and friendly and willing to help and Shirley in the lounge was always on top of her game keeping us well fed and never thirsty. Great Job Shirley!

Room Tip: We chose rooms on the second floor that are king rooms that overlook the pool area. They are very s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Doherty has quite a a history, Purple Gang, hauntings, murals, a Buffet - a delicious BUFFET and all that that entails. If you don't like Buffets, don't bother complaining. Because it is awesome. Clare, MI is delightful and food is plentiful. Cops and Doughnuts is across the street. As is Whitehouse - an amazing diner. But for a lovely, historical place to lay your head - please choose Doherty over Notel Sixes, EcoNOLodges, and other cookie cutter places. The room decor is sparse, but the very spacious with desk space, chairs and benches for visitors, beds are comfy, blankets are warm and pillows are plenty. Refrigerators, Irons and Ironing Boards, flat screen televisions and free internet are included. The pool area is clean and welcoming and even on a busy weekend - comfortable. No fitness center - BUT - the Clare Family Fitness down the street has a reciprocal agreement and I believe is open 24 hours. I was here on New Years Eve weekend and I am fairly certain most rooms were booked - I did not hear anything from anyone elses' rooms slight noise in the hallway, but nothing that would be considered out of the ordinary or intrusive. The staff is exceptional, from the group sales, to the front desk, to the bar staff. The regulars are equally delightful. This is not a stop to be missed in Mid Michigan. Big Thumbs up from me!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor - and I loved my room, spacious, clean, quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clare
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Sweetfern Inn
Sweetfern Inn
#1 of 1 in Clare
No photo provided

Been to Doherty Hotel? Share your experiences!