“Great golf trip”
Review of Doherty Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clare
Doherty Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clare
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We golfed and stayed for 5 nights in near perfect September weather. We had 8 guys and we quickly realized why this is a golf destination. The courses were good and the staff at the hotel was wonderful. The food was very reasonable at the hotel and very good.There were great areas in the hotel for groups to get together after their golf and swap stories. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
SuzysuzyQ, Director of Sales at Doherty Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your kind words and will pass them along to my co-workers. I look forward to assisting with your next golf vacation!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have just returned from a three day golfing trip to the Doherty Hotel with 20 golfters. The hotel set up the golfing in a package for us. Every one of our Golfers is planning to return to the Doherty for our annual trip next Sept.

The hotel staff treated us like royalty and lots of smiles and quick service. The food was good. we enjoyed the pool and the convenience that the hotel provided for us.

There is not one of us, disappointed with the Service, price and convenience.
WE WILL BE BACk
Grant E

Room Tip: Ask the staff for what you want and they will do their best to satisfy
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Having stayed at this location numerous times, I am left with two very different views on the quality of service. On a few occasions, I found the front desk staff helpful, friendly and professional. However, on more occasions I found the front desk staff surly, uninformed of the hotel's policies and almost indifferent to customer service. If you are dealing with the evening staff at the front desk - good luck to you. I have never encountered such indifference bordering on downright rudeness at a decent chain hotel. After having stayed at the same location numerous times, I was interrogated about my request for a free breakfast coupon in an unprofessional manner. Basic service standards (their next smile will be their first - it seems like you are somehow inconveniencing their night by showing up) at night were not even close to being met and I was made to feel unwelcome in a hotel that I have given a lot of business to. I would highly recommend that alternate hotels be considered for a stay in Clare.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Very overpriced for what you get. There was not even a box of Kleenex in the room. Our reservations were for a king room with a refrigerator. We were put in a room with 2 smaller beds and no refrigerator. The worst part was the noise. The hot breakfast was a joke. While they did let us go to the restaurant and choose from a limited menu it was nothing compared to other hotels even Super 8’s (which I personally despise) have better breakfasts. I complained to the front desk and was told that the issues had to be taken up with a manager but no one ever showed up, contacted me or even seemed to care. Enough with quaint and antiquated I’ll stick to brands I know in the future even at motel 6 they will say sorry if they mess up.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have had the pleasure of staying here on several occasions and seek the Doherty out each time we travel this way. It *is* an older hotel, but clean, comfortable and centrally located in downtown Clare. It is next to a bicycle trail which appears to be quite popular, as the hotel offers packages catering to that. The bar and diner have good service and food, and are usually quite busy. Keeping in mind this is not a fast food restaurant, it may take a little longer to be served but is worth the wait. There are several quaint bistro type places and shops within a short stroll of the hotel as well. If you enjoy a place with personality, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mothershiporphan
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We should have read the reviews prior to staying here, but it was the only hotel with a room on the first floor. At first glance it didn't seem bad although it was fairly pricey given what it was. But it was only for one night, so how bad could it be. The room was dingy and the mattress was about 2 inches thick. At least it was relatively firm, but every time I moved I could feel the whole bed move with me which I'm sure did not help my husband sleep. All in all it served its purpose, but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

No rooms anywhere to be found,so we settled. The room was unclean. There were cob webs everywhere, along with a spider, and an earwig or two... The bedding was unclean; there was a yellow stain on the sheets. The carpet was dirty (white stains near the bed and red stains, which looked like blood, near the bathroom door). Two of the lights in the room were burned out. The only chair in the room had rips in the fabric. I would never stay at this motel again; I would rather sleep in the car!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clare
Hampton Inn Mt. Pleasant
Days Inn of Clare
Days Inn of Clare
#2 of 4 in Clare
Lakeside Motel & Cottages

Been to Doherty Hotel? Share your experiences!