“Great food and service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Corned beef is homemade. Sauerkraut is homemade. Bread is homemade. Coleslaw is homemade. It all melts in your mouth. Service is almost too attentive. The buffets are dreams. Eat here or you will never know.

2  Thank Chercan
There are newer reviews for Doherty Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed June 18, 2014

For the last couple of years, we have met with friends for a lingering lunch here. The setting is quiet, but very nice and relaxing. We have had lunch each time we were here. The food is very good, but don't be in a big hurry. After lunch, we always spend the next hour catching up with our old friends. Very easy to find and always enjoyable.

2  Thank michbird
Reviewed May 26, 2014

A local couple whom I visited highly recommended this establishment to me, and I'm very glad they did! I went for dinner. The food was carefully prepared and uniformly very good. I had Grilled Ruby Red Trout, a huge portion, and quite delicious. It came with Grilled Asparagus--also very good--and Butternut Squash Soup (nicely seasoned, perhaps a little too sweet, though adding freshly ground black pepper helped). The dinner also included a trip to the ample salad bar, which, in addition to the usual fare, also offered cheeses. My server (Denise) was very welcoming and made good recommendations about items on the menu. All in all, one of the better meals I've had in some time.

1  Thank WyoFanCody
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The Doherty Hotel has two restaurants, a nice, finer dining side with a nice buffet style salad bar and a separate bar/restaurant which we ate at. Nicer food choices than a typical bar restaurant but was a bit pricier as well but not overly so. Wife and I both had steaks, cooked perfectly and we enjoyed the salad buffet which also included cheese blocks, soup and bread choices.

Would eat at again. Would recommend.

1  Thank Mikeakasleeper
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Have stopped by here twice now for dinner while in the area. Both meals were exceptional. Honestly the salad bar itself would be plenty. It is very fresh, includes soup, bread, and chunks of cheese that you can slice off yourself.
My husband was with me both times. He had the lobster special for dinner and really enjoyed it. The next time we came I tried the tuna sandwich and also very good. We plan on stopping by whenever we are in the area. If you eat in the bar area, they also provide fresh popcorn and Tvs for viewing. The dining area is more upscale but the attire varied quite a bit and casual would be fine.