“Yummy!”

Whitehouse Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Clare
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
South Lyon, Michigan
“Yummy!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Husband and I stopped to go to bakery and then decided we wanted something solid. I had read about this place called Whitehouse so we decided to give it a try. Food was great, I got the Farmers omitted and hubby got burger and onion rings. Takes awhile to get good ad one person does all the made from scratch cooking. Very small only like 6 booths in there. Waitstaff was all very friendly. Can't wait to go back and try something else.

• Visited April 2014

Gaylord, Michigan
“Not fancy an I love it!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

What a find, I was checking out a meat market in Falmouth, MI, meeting my niece in Clare... I called On Star asking for a restaurant, I was given choices and they said Whitehouse Restaurant, asked for directions and I'm off. Wow, what a find. The menu is extensive for such a small restaurant, they maybe have 10 booths and not much standing room, but it's worth the wait if there is one. I had the Mushroom Swiss Burger and fries, fantastic, the Patty Melt is HUGE, I've never seen omelets that are so stuffed and the hash browns look wonderful. The guy who was doing the cooking is right on. This reminds me of the days of old fashioned service, great food, service and unusual atmosphere. I am going back, wish it was closer to home, I'd already be there... Give it a try. NO CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED...

• Visited March 2014
Mt. Pleasant
“Best hamburger in town!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

For good old fashioned burgers and fries, this is the place to eat! I love their sweet potato fries also! Good home made food!!

Visited March 2014
Bath, Michigan
“great food, great people, great experience”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A small place packing huge flavor.
Best chili cheese fries
Awesome burgers
Best cherry coke (they use grenadine syrup)
I combined two different breakfasts - they obliged me - and it was GREAT!
It's so small, but so fantastic.
WE LOVE THIS PLACE!!!
The staff is so sweet and friendly.
THE place to stop on your way Up North or going home!
Fast too.

• Visited February 2014
Rockford, Michigan, United States
“Can't stop going to the Whitehouse”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I know I said this before in here, but I just love a few chosen dinner plates at the Whitehouse. Yes, I am bias, because I grew up in Clare, back in the 70s... But they truly do make some of the best lunches and dinners.... My main dishes are their burgers (with butter fried buns), omelets (that hang over the plates with huge sausage patties, and their Reuben sandwiches!! We had both the Reuben and a burger this last time, and they were enough to fill two people, and still take home left-overs. The Reuben is really huge, compared to anywhere else that I have bought one, and it is only $5.50. Food literally hangs out of it!! Clare has Shamrock Days, an Irish festival, and everybody makes Reubens that day, and these are still the best ones!! If you travel through Clare, as you go up north, you need get off the freeway at the Clare exit, and go into downtown, and try out the Whitehouse. If you are lucky, you will meet Jackie and Julie, the day cook and servers, who have worked there together for over 30 years now. Tell them Marty sent ya... We had another couple with us, and we all had a great time. The booths are somewhat small, and there are only 7 of them, but that only makes it even more fun and nostalgic!! The Whitehouse was started in 1935, so the tables even lean a bit from years of use...

• Visited January 2014