“Good food and service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Foggy's Steakhouse

Foggy's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Christmas
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Near Munising, MI
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

They offer good food and excellent service. Their prices are reasonable. Good sports bar with a pool table. Plenty of room to accommodate large groups. Just across the road from the casino.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent food, great service, deceiving looks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We went to Foggy's on the recommendation of a nice couple who have a cabin in the area when they overheard us asking at a coffee shop in Munising for dinner recommendations - they said the white fish and the ribs are to die for, and not to be fooled by the fact that the place looks like a total dive from the outside.

They were right on all counts. The place looks like a local dive bar, but once inside the atmosphere was light and fun, the employees were working hard (our waitress was -literally- running from table to table), and the food was some of the best we have had in a full week of vacationing and dining out. In fact, I think the ribs I had were the best I've EVER had in a restaurant. My wife indeed went with the white fish, lightly battered and fried, and it too was excellent.

Next time we vacation to the U.P. there will be a side trip to Christmas just for Foggy's.

• Visited August 2013
Albion, Michigan
“Foggy's in Christmas in August”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great steaks-- grill your own if you like, homemade lasagna, fresh whitefish and many other items (mexican, pizza, burgers, shrimp etc.) I personally loved the whitefish and my husband loved the lasagna. Daughter had Lime spicy chicken which was a huge portion and very tasty.

Visited August 2013
Canada
“Pretty good restuarant, good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Foggy's gets mostly a thumb's up. It was nice and cool inside on a hot day and there was some quirky live music by a girl who "almost" got chosen for America's Got Talent". I think thousands of people "almost" get chosen for the show, but it was a nice atmosphere.

I had the fish platter and it was generous and lightly breaded. My wife had the pizza and it was excellent. The second time we had the nachos and I have to say, they were the worst we've ever had. It should be hard to screw up nachos, but they managed it.

The service was excellent though, and it's really the only place in Christmas so overall a good experience.

• Visited July 2013
Brighton, Michigan
“Low expectation with a very good end result!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We rented a vacation property in Au Train and stopped in the little grocery in town. The owner, whom my wife found out is a local tour guide, provided us with the Foggy's tip - she was dead, solid on target! It was last Saturday night 7/27/13, and our party of 6 had dinner here. Its not mjuch to look at and even less impressive when you walk inside. You can cook your own on a giant iron gratge island grill or have Foggy cook it for you. Most of our party had the Prime Rib which had been cooked the same day and only finished about an hour earlier. I was starved and again ( if you read another of my recent reviews where I was disappointed with a piece of Prime Rib I had in Escanaba you'll understand this), I was in the mood for Prime Rib. And it was fantastic! The other two member in our party felt the same way. Three others in our party had the fried perch and loved it as well. I don;t know about the other menu items but the Prime Rib, which they run out of quickly (and no wonder), is fantastic!

• Visited July 2013