“Hair nets and calulators”

Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chesterfield
Clinton Township, United States
“Hair nets and calulators”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stayed with my family of 3 on a Saturday night here. Check in took approximately a half hour yet no one was in line, there was nothing else going on at the time to distract the front desk attend. I paid cash for my room and I completely understand to hold a credit card on file for damages to the room and such. A $30.00 hold was to be taken yet I was ACTUALLY charged $50.00. I called several time after this and they have YET to explain why this happened. Second complainant is that when we finally did get to our room there was long dark colored hair on the duvet covers. ( 2 queen bed room, not our family's color) I contacted the front desk and she had no problem moving us across the hall. But still no solution to my problem, the next room had the same hair all over! Towels, bed etc. I called again and explained my situation and suggested maybe the housekeeping should wear hair nets ( my guess to all the hair). My overall stay was horrible! Ants were in the pool area along with towels everywhere from pervious swimmers. Terrible! Do Not Recommend! I love the Hampton hotels, I stay at the chain frequently but this particular hotel is dragging the name down with the cleanliness and billing department.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Amanda M
Dell K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the cleanliness issues as well as any miscommunication about billing. Additionally, the health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, so we will be reaching out to resolve these issues with you directly.

Warmest Regards,

Hampton Inn Chesterfiedl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
ft gratiot, United States
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Great hotel, great accommodations, would definitely recommend. Rooms were clean, and the staff was very organized and friendly. Was one of the best stays I have ever had over the years. My only complaint is that we only stayed for one night!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Sarah M
Lansing, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Relatively average for a hotel. There was no safe to store valuables in the hotel. Room was very clean. Felt very insecure leaving room with no safe to store valuables. Carried all my valuables (IPAD, Laptop, Business Equipment) with me to and from the room each time I left hotel. Very inconvenient for a premium room that I stayed in.

1 Thank James M
Macomb, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Limit or prohibit young children from the hot tub. During our stay there were young children (8 or younger) in the hot tub for hours at a time. Since the pool was too cold for children or adults to use so they used the hot tub to play in all night. In addition, your hotel which was advertised as smoke free ended up smelling like an ashtray the next morning. The prudent use of smoke detectors might have discouraged smoking in the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Barb G
Dell K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I appreciate your candor on your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand that during your stay, the freshness of your hotel was of concern to you and that there was an unpleasant odor of smoke. We are now a 100% non-smoking hotel. Unfortunately, as much as we try to monitor this, we sometimes cannot control if a guest chooses to smoke in their room without our knowledge. However, I can very much empathize with your dissatisfaction and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Hampton Inn & Suites Chesterfield
Carelton, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed for the week on business and the experience was wonderful. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary Breakfast had many options and was great to have available. I was able to workout in the fitness center. It was close to the free way, a grocery store & multiple eating establishments.

1 Thank Danielle H
United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Very reasonable rates and a very clean hotel. Kind curteous staff, very willing to assist. Room was in great condition and very nice. Really liked the location as it was close to all of the event and conference centers. Local restaurants were very close and staff were very knowlegeable of locations for best of various foods. Enjoyed my stay tremendously.

1 Thank Jeremy W
Antioch, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Probably the best Hampton I've ever stayed in, and near the top overall. I highly recommend this property, and am planning on returning. The staff there is particularly good at service and friendliness. I guess I have to keep writing for minimum # of characters-superlative superlative superlative superlative superlative superlative....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township? Share your experiences!