“One of the better Hampton Inn's I have stayed at”

Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chesterfield
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stayed in a king size room. Everything is well maintained and the breakfast is great. Tuesday and Wednesday night dinner was decent no complains. Gym facility is nicer than other Hamton I have stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Marine21_10
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township

Reviewed August 6, 2012

You know what you're getting with Hampton Inn in general (reasonable price; free breakfast; etc.), and I have come to appreciate the consistency with which Hampton Inn meets my expectations. My stay here was not perfect, but I was very pleased with the hotel's service. Prime example: housekeeping had passed over cleaning my room (DND sign early in the morning, but removed by midmorning; room uncleaned by late afternoon). I tried calling up housekeeping, but no one would answer. After multiple failed attempts to call housekeeping, I called the front desk and asked for some fresh towels and toiletries. I was pleasantly surprised when the guy from the front desk himself delivered to me fresh towels and toiletries within minutes of my call. That is great service!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We had a nice stay, but Saturday night, at 1:30 am, there was a loud party outside our door. We called the front desk to complain, and the phone rang 30-40 times before someone picked up. We mentioned it to one of the employees, he told us it's a common occurance.

• Stayed: July 2012
Carl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.

Warmest regards,

Carl Perrin

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staying in the area for a week to visit family in Mt. Clemens, this is the best hotel we've stayed in to date. We visit the area 1-2 times a year. Breakfast was good, excellent coffee. Exercise facilities are excellent, I got in a good workout and had the place to myself. Quiet and clean, although the floors could have been vacuumed more often. Nearby Twisted Rooster restaurant was very good and hotel is conveniently close to Walmart. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn & Suites while visiting Selfridge Air National Guard Base for business. This is not a fancy place, but was perfect for the purpose of this vsit. This property is very near the interstate and only a couple of miles from Lake St Clair. I was there on business, so was not able to take in any of the local attractions.

The hotel was clean, they have the typical breakfast you get with this type of hotel and they also had an evening social (not sure which nights because it wasn't well advertised and I didn't get the opportunity to try it any of the evenings I was there). I used the exercise facility and it was well-equipped with cardio machines and dumbells. There is an indoor pool on the premises, but I did not use it during this visit.

My only complaint during the trip was the television service (I know that may seem strange to some, but when I travel for business sometimes in the evening I just want to escape through some innane television show. About half of the channels the hotel claimed to get were unavailable due to some issue with DirecTV and some affiliate (at least according to the front desk clerk when I called). It was a minor inconvenience and not one that really impacted me, but if you're going to provide a service then provide it or let your customers know during check-in that there is a problem in this area.

Overall this property was more than adequate for my purposes. If you're looking for a clean, affordable room and not too particular about proximity to local attractions then this is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with a wedding room block. Chose to stay because a shuttle was being offered (safe ride "home" from the reception). Long story short, the two shuttles were full and could not accommodate my boyfriend and I, plus another couple. Furthermore, the front desk staff (to include an argumentative General Manager) said the bride and groom did a poor job of arranging their shuttle needs with the "sales" manager. NO ride, NO solution, NO ownership to their errors.

Room Tip: Couple of the rooms unluckily face a brick wall. Request a clear view with no barriers. You're o...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Carl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank your for taking the time to let us know about the frustration that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We're very sorry that this situation didn't meet your expectations because we strive to offer the very best hotel experience possible.

When we work with brides and grooms in preparation for hosting their wedding guests, we do our best to anticipate the correct number of shuttle trips that will be necessary based on the total number of guests, and the ceremony + reception schedule. This is not an exact science, and we make the best estimates that we can based on our past experience and many unknown factors. Ultimately, the bride/groom approves the final schedule and we adhere to that schedule. Unfortunately it's just not possible to anticipate each individual guests' specific schedule and requests.

I apologize for any confusion, and we value your business.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because I was apart of a bridal party. I was really surprised by the style of the rooms they were updated with the newest technologies including energy conserving techniques which I thought was really neat. I was really impressed by the hotel itself, I was familiar with most Hampton Inns not being as stylish as this one. Since there are not many hotel selections in this area this one I would recommend, the location itself is close to stores, the mall, and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield
#3 of 7 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township? Share your experiences!