“Nice hotel, but they need to control the noise.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chesterfield
Westland, Michigan
“Nice hotel, but they need to control the noise.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

We had a nice stay, but Saturday night, at 1:30 am, there was a loud party outside our door. We called the front desk to complain, and the phone rang 30-40 times before someone picked up. We mentioned it to one of the employees, he told us it's a common occurance.

• Stayed July 2012
Carl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.

Warmest regards,

Carl Perrin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Ruckersville
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Staying in the area for a week to visit family in Mt. Clemens, this is the best hotel we've stayed in to date. We visit the area 1-2 times a year. Breakfast was good, excellent coffee. Exercise facilities are excellent, I got in a good workout and had the place to myself. Quiet and clean, although the floors could have been vacuumed more often. Nearby Twisted Rooster restaurant was very good and hotel is conveniently close to Walmart. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn & Suites while visiting Selfridge Air National Guard Base for business. This is not a fancy place, but was perfect for the purpose of this vsit. This property is very near the interstate and only a couple of miles from Lake St Clair. I was there on business, so was not able to take in any of the local attractions.

The hotel was clean, they have the typical breakfast you get with this type of hotel and they also had an evening social (not sure which nights because it wasn't well advertised and I didn't get the opportunity to try it any of the evenings I was there). I used the exercise facility and it was well-equipped with cardio machines and dumbells. There is an indoor pool on the premises, but I did not use it during this visit.

My only complaint during the trip was the television service (I know that may seem strange to some, but when I travel for business sometimes in the evening I just want to escape through some innane television show. About half of the channels the hotel claimed to get were unavailable due to some issue with DirecTV and some affiliate (at least according to the front desk clerk when I called). It was a minor inconvenience and not one that really impacted me, but if you're going to provide a service then provide it or let your customers know during check-in that there is a problem in this area.

Overall this property was more than adequate for my purposes. If you're looking for a clean, affordable room and not too particular about proximity to local attractions then this is a good choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with a wedding room block. Chose to stay because a shuttle was being offered (safe ride "home" from the reception). Long story short, the two shuttles were full and could not accommodate my boyfriend and I, plus another couple. Furthermore, the front desk staff (to include an argumentative General Manager) said the bride and groom did a poor job of arranging their shuttle needs with the "sales" manager. NO ride, NO solution, NO ownership to their errors.

Room Tip: Couple of the rooms unluckily face a brick wall. Request a clear view with no barriers. You're o...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Carl P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank your for taking the time to let us know about the frustration that you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We're very sorry that this situation didn't meet your expectations because we strive to offer the very best hotel experience possible.

When we work with brides and grooms in preparation for hosting their wedding guests, we do our best to anticipate the correct number of shuttle trips that will be necessary based on the total number of guests, and the ceremony + reception schedule. This is not an exact science, and we make the best estimates that we can based on our past experience and many unknown factors. Ultimately, the bride/groom approves the final schedule and we adhere to that schedule. Unfortunately it's just not possible to anticipate each individual guests' specific schedule and requests.

I apologize for any confusion, and we value your business.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel because I was apart of a bridal party. I was really surprised by the style of the rooms they were updated with the newest technologies including energy conserving techniques which I thought was really neat. I was really impressed by the hotel itself, I was familiar with most Hampton Inns not being as stylish as this one. Since there are not many hotel selections in this area this one I would recommend, the location itself is close to stores, the mall, and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Not much to say really this place is a cookie cutter hotel.

Stayed here for a night and it served its purpose although we were not overly impressed. Check in was a mess as we had booked a package with a gift card to a local mall and a late check out, Arrive and there is no gift card and we are told that they have no late checkouts. the person who was working had no solutions. Room was OK but a very odd layout and the walls are paper thin. heard our neighbours talking loudly early in the evening and ___________ loudly in the middle of the night

to their credit the manager did give us a gift card although not the one promised in the morning and we did get out late checkout but i had to wake up early to talk to the manager about it.

My advice. look for better as there are other options in the area and dont bother with packages as they are clearly not paying attention to actually fulfilling the package promises.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
I appreciate your review of our property. I apologize for the miscommunication over the package you had booked and for the noise issue encountered with other guests. We strive to create a pleasant and relaxing guest experience and hope that should your travels bring you back to the area, you will give us the opportunity to show you our true potential. Thank you again for your feedback.
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Let me start by saying that the minute I arrived at the hotel, I was disappointed! When it clearly states that check-in time is 3:00, the rooms should be ready! I arrived after 3:30 and was told my room wasn't ready....not acceptable! After waiting in the front lobby for 15 minutes with a very antsy 3-year-old, I was finally told that the room was ready.

Upon entering the room, I noticed pieces of paper laying on the floor with child-like scribbles on them. Clearly these weren't from my child as we had just arrived....so, if the room wasn't ready when I arrived and the front desk sent someone up to take care of it, why were there papers on the floor? This immediately got me wondering what the bathroom was like....and I'm happy to say that it was spotless!

This night was a celebration of potty-training gone right, so the pool was the main event. Although a bit on the small side and too much chlorine, the pool was fantastic! Three large steps to walk down into WARM water! I couldn't be more thankful!

The bed....ahhhh.....comfortable isn't a good enough description! It was pure bliss! My only complaint about the night is that the hallways are very noisy! I got out of bed at 2:30 am to ask the wedding party to keep it down! My suggestion would be for the person working the front desk to either remind those coming in late to be considerate OR to place signs out at 10-ish at night like they do at the hospital I work at....just a gentle reminder that voices should be kept down.

Breakfast was adequate: typical breakfast fare... hot waffles, eggs with ham and cheese and french toast, fresh fruit, oatmeal, various pastries, yogurt and breads. Not too much for a small child to enjoy but I thought ahead and brought cereal/fruit bars.

Would I stay again? Definately!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Holiday Inn Express Roseville
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township? Share your experiences!