“Horrible Customer Service”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Chesterfield
MI
“Horrible Customer Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

We had blocked some rooms back in February 2009, for my upcoming wedding in June 09. A friend called me saying that there were no rooms available at the holiday inn. I called the manager, she states that there were rooms available for the 26th, but no records showed that we even blocked rooms for the 27th (the night of the wedding). Now why would I block rooms for the night before the wedding, but not the night of??!! We went in person to show our record of conversation, with confirmation numbers and were told that there is no way of tracking the conversation because they are not audiotaped. Which is fine, but what happend to "the customer is always right"?! So, supposedly when I blocked the rooms, the reservations were taken care of by someone who was in training who no longer works there. And at our expense, our rooms were somehow given away. Now, a month away from the wedding, of course there are no rooms available. And when asked if there was any compensation for this "mistake", we received "NOPE" with some attitude. As we struggled to try to find a new hotel, a different hotel stated that this was the 2nd time that they heard of this happening with the Holiday Inn Chesterfield. They now lost my reservation for my bridal suite, and any business that I was going to send. Their attitude is horrible.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank kb0719

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cleveland, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2009

My reservation at this hotel was for two weeks. The system checked me out after two days of my stay and I was charged for those two days. After explaining to the manager what happened, he apologized and placed credit for those two days and said that everything will be on one bill at the end of the two weeks. I was told that the credit takes up to 10 days. It has been more than 20 days and the credit did not process and I was charged for the entire stay at the end. I was charged two extra days for a mistake they made. I personally would not stay there and still perusing the over charge credit to be processed.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesterfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit/Chesterfield Township
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield? Share your experiences!