Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$119
$109
$93
Fairfield Inn
The ConCorde Inn(Clinton Township)
$99
$47
Hotels.com
$119
$101
TownePlace Suites
$116
$93
Red Roof Inn Detroit St Clair Shores(Roseville)(Great Value!)
$61
$56
$78
Hotels.com
All reviewsstayed herefront deskroom with queen bedssmall kitchenettebreakfast attendantrecommend this hoteladjoining roomsbit datedtwisted roosterdefinitely stay here againlate checkthe room was niceexcellent hotelyogurtnight staybusiness tripwalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Except for the trains nearby every night, this Holiday Inn Express did a very good job keeping us comfortable. The breakfasts were certainly adequate and the food was appropriately hot/cold.
The dining area was immaculate and the area was continuously being cleaned and stocked with food by "Judy" who always had time for a smile.

As for the rooms, they were about average but were clean and comfortable and the hallway was very quiet. One bed did have a small stain on the sheet but it had been laundered and looked permanent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front to reduce train noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Nick K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your room and the service you received. Your review left a smile not only my face, but Judy’s as well! I do remember speaking with you about the train, and I'm glad that the room move helped you rest better at night.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

This was a very pleasant hotel and the room was very nice. The staff was great and very friendly. They were always attentive. The one complaint I have is that the TV did not work properly. The hotel is going through an upgrade and half the channels did not work. Other than that, a great stay. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Consider a room on the third floor, less overhead noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Nick K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the interactions with the hotel's staff. The hotel is currently updating all of the televisions and their channels to a high definition provider. Due to the upgrade process we have occasionally had issues with the channel selection. This is currently being addressed and should be resolved very shortly. Thank you very much for your review, and me and my staff look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Never again! For the price I paid to stay (over $200 for one night), I definately expect better! The staff allowed the pool doors-both to the outside and to the inner hallway) to be jammed open creating a pretty cool breeze; it was too cold for the kids to stay in the indoor pool because a bunch of people decided it was more important to sit outside and drink lots of beer! I asked the front desk to talk to them and I was told that even if she did talk with them, they would just do it again! I couldn't even sit near the pool because they took ALL the chairs outside.

The room was nice enough...the couch had no padding in the cushions so when you sat on it, you sank to the floor. I will say the room was really clean...as was the pool. But I couldn't sleep partly because the floors and walls are so thin I could hear the people walking and running all night long! Even a small child was up playing...and they were singing the ABC song well past 2 AM!!

The topper was the hallway full of Sherrif deputies pounding on the door to the room directly across the hall! Seriously?! How safe is this place?? 10 minutes of pounding on the door and no answer. The kept yelling for "Ron" to come out! All of a sudden they just left! "Ron" never came to the door...and they never got a key to see if he was in there! I didn't sleep the whole night between the thin walls/floors and wondering what the Sherrif deputies wanted to talk to "Ron" about!!

This motel isn't that old which is why I decided to bring the kids here for a treat.....this will be the last time...the Hampton Inn next door is much quieter and nicer! Very expensive lesson well learned.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Nick K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Noise complaints and unpleasant stays are not something that I often hear in return from my guests. Your feedback from your stay will help me transform some policies to better the experience for all of my guests, including yourself. I do apologize greatly for the inconveniences that you've experienced, and would appreciate the opportunity to prove to you that your stay is far from my average guest's stay. The entire hotel's staff strive to keep everyone safe, happy, and feeling like they are at a home away from home.

Please feel free to give me a call on the hotel's direct line so that we can find a solution to the problems you've experienced and talk about making you another reservation to show you that hotel can operate and serve to meet and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had some trepidation after reading a couple reviews citing loud parties, etc. But everything about this Holiday Inn Express was impeccable, and I had a great rest, perfect stay in September 2012. There were a lot of men and women there overnight for an Air National Guard training event, as well as families and senior travelers. My room was large, attractive and well-maintained, and the wifi was free and fast. Nearby restaurant (the Twisted Rooster) was cheerful and the food pretty good.

I grew up in Mt. Clemens a long time ago, and am always discouraged at how much has deteriorated. NOT this hotel and its neighborhood. It was perfectly up-to-date and professionally managed. One nice minor touch: a granola bar and bottle of water at check-in. Not quite a chocolate chip cookie or mints on the pillow, but just what I needed for a hike the next day!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank LynBizz

Thank you for the taking the time to review your recent stay. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's amenities and its local attractions. I try my best to keep the property clean, safe, and up to date for all of my guests. Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here while visiting my mom in the hospital. The room was very clean, had everything I expect from a Holiday Inn Express ,and the staff were kind and friendly. We asked for a cot and it was there and very comfortable. The beds were on the firm side I prefer soft however my daughter prefers hard and she was thrilled.
We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast . There was quite a bit of food to choose from incuding bacon,eggs,biscuits,and sausage gravy. There was also cereal and breads,fruits,and ect.
The kids enjoyed the pool ! We were so thankful it was open until 11pm. We were at the hospital until 9 pm and the kids were afraid it would be closed.
We would definitely stay here again when visiting Michigan!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Nick K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. The staff does check arriving guest's reservation requests first thing in the morning and we try to honor everyone's needs to the best of our abilities. I am very glad to hear that the hotel's rollaway beds were comfortable for your family, and that everyone enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast and pool facilities.

I look forward to your return when you're in Michigan again; I'll have some hot cinnamon rolls waiting with your name on them.