“Not all that smart, as per their ads”

Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea
Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chelsea
“Not all that smart, as per their ads”
Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We were in town for a game and chose Chelsea because there were more rooms and I gave always liked the quaint village.

Perhaps it was partially because we had just driven up from the south, but the person at check-in was not particularly friendly, or even nice. She did ask why we were on town and I said "the game" and she said nothing else. And she was certainly not vet accodating either.

She mentioned that I got the the room off Pricelibe and personally felt that she held this against us, in terms of what she was going to give us for a room, etc.

The room was cramped with a single queen bed. There were three of us and we asked if there was any chance we could get one with a king or two beds. She said without looking up, "booked". This may or may not have been true, but it didn't seem she really gave a damn. And it was early- 3:00- and it seems that she at least should check. Surrly not every client for the night requested two beds

Later, we were able to beg a cot that wasn't offered the first time around.

In general, the rest of the hotel was Holidai Inn Express average- a small indoor pool, fairly clean if not overly attractive rooms. The room had a small flat screen tv and a refer. The free Internet did require you to enter their code about every time the cputer was picked up.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Psstuff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Regina, Canada
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived very late at night, so we used very little of this facility. The rooms were very comfortable, and clean. Nothing out of the ordinary, and exactly what you expect with the name. We were too late for breakfast, but it looked like the typical Express breakfast. Would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Roni-Sue
Michigan
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here recently on a Friday night. Check in was easy, the gal who checked me in was very pleasant. I stayed in room 216 which was a King size bed. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable. I slept well, even the hotel looked fairly full, it wasn't overly noisy. Free breakfast which was pretty good. The hotel does show a little wear and tear, but all things considered, I'd stay here again. It's very close to the Chelsea Arctic Coliseum ice rink. You can actually walk to it through a field on the north side of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
chicago suburbs
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The pool was small. Breakfast was pretty good. Hotel wasn't particularly clean. Seemed under-staffed. I'd say the property was just beginning to show some wear, but there were no real obvious flaws. Convenient to the highway.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank matrepok
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2012

For a quick overnight stay on the way home from vacation, we could've done much worse than this hotel. Everything was clean and the room was reasonably spacious, and the staff was competent. For a roadside hotel, this one was better than expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, TN USA
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. I normally stay at the comfort inn next door. I will not stay at this Holiday Inn express again. It is more expensive than the comfort inn, and I didn't feel the customer service was good ... Plus I had to book an advance purchase room, and paid for it months in advance, but to the hotel tried charging me for it again. ... Until I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone with the corporate customer service to get it straightened out. THEN the front desk person apologized. But what a waste of my time.
I did learn that this hotel allows dogs-- which, I think is a good thing. It was clean and everything, but just not my favorite place.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank BizTravelerLady
, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear BizTravelerLady,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your clean and comfortable room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with your bill at check out. We are also very sorry you were not satisfied with the service provided by our hotel staff. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The family and I stayed here for a night in April. The hotel was very clean and quiet. The pool is small and there is no hot tub, but it's nice enough for a swim. Our room was spacious and clean. You can also open the window a couple of inches to have some fresh air, which I thought was really nice.

The front desk wasn't always staffed, but there aren't away for long periods of time and they do post a sign letting guest's know that the have stepped away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Comfort Inn
#27 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Weber's
Weber's
#10 of 34 in Ann Arbor

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea? Share your experiences!