“it was okay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chelsea
chicago suburbs
“it was okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

The pool was small. Breakfast was pretty good. Hotel wasn't particularly clean. Seemed under-staffed. I'd say the property was just beginning to show some wear, but there were no real obvious flaws. Convenient to the highway.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank matrepok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

For a quick overnight stay on the way home from vacation, we could've done much worse than this hotel. Everything was clean and the room was reasonably spacious, and the staff was competent. For a roadside hotel, this one was better than expected.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Knoxville, TN USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed here one night for business. I normally stay at the comfort inn next door. I will not stay at this Holiday Inn express again. It is more expensive than the comfort inn, and I didn't feel the customer service was good ... Plus I had to book an advance purchase room, and paid for it months in advance, but to the hotel tried charging me for it again. ... Until I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone with the corporate customer service to get it straightened out. THEN the front desk person apologized. But what a waste of my time.
I did learn that this hotel allows dogs-- which, I think is a good thing. It was clean and everything, but just not my favorite place.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank BizTravelerLady
, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Dear BizTravelerLady,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as your clean and comfortable room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with your bill at check out. We are also very sorry you were not satisfied with the service provided by our hotel staff. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

The family and I stayed here for a night in April. The hotel was very clean and quiet. The pool is small and there is no hot tub, but it's nice enough for a swim. Our room was spacious and clean. You can also open the window a couple of inches to have some fresh air, which I thought was really nice.

The front desk wasn't always staffed, but there aren't away for long periods of time and they do post a sign letting guest's know that the have stepped away.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Currently at this property right now. We chose this location after the Holiday Inn Express across the street wasted my time, and patience. As we arrived at the HIE at 1 am on a very foggy night of traveling on I94, we were told by "Mike" that he was currently in the middle of doing his night audit, and it may be about 15 mins. When I went back about 15 minutes later, and rang the bell in the lobby. I was ignored. I returned to my vehicle for approximately another 10 minutes, and went back to the the lobby. I rang the doorbell, just like the directions tell you to, and yet again "mike" never acknowledged me. I rang the bell, an audible bell that I could here, and again I Wasn't acknowledged, that is when I chose the Comfort Inn. The service at the desk here is great. The room is great, and I look forward to the breakfast. Thanks Comfort Inn for saving a weary traveller on a foggy night!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Flyboygunner
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a run of the mill Holiday Inn Express located just outside the beautiful town of Chelsea MI. It is just off Rt 94.

The bed had a plastic mattress liner under the sheet that we had to remove to get a good night's sleep. To their credit they did not put it back on when they cleaned the room.The hotel was very quiet even though it was full. The complimentary breakfast had some hot items like eggs, sausages, biscuits & IIRC, waffles. Nothing to write home about.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank walkinwood
Southgate michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

There was a football game between U Of M and Wisconsin on Saturday, November 20Th. 2010 in Ann Arbor, the Holiday Inn of Chelsea got the overflow fans who couldn't find accommodation in and around Ann Arbor thereby giving it "license" to jack up the price of their mediocre cookie cutter type standard rooms from $91.20 to $161.50, on Friday November 19Th., when adding the State tax of $9.69 and County tax of $8.08 added, it came to a grand total of $179.27

Congratulations Holiday Inn of Chelsea, Michigan, you were able to stiff me once, but you won't get a second opportunity even though I pass though Chelsea often..... because once bitten, twice shy.

As for the "breakfast" area, it was like a mob scene with both the Michigan and Wisconsin College football fans.... talk about no room at the Inn.
My Wife and I were just too happy to continue our journey through the heavy mist that Saturday morning into Ohio.
So traveler beware. If I have helped just one innocent, that will be at least something.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alexander1745
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Comfort Inn
Weber's
#11 of 34 in Ann Arbor
Hilton Garden Inn Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea? Share your experiences!