“You must visit if you love barbecue! ”
Review of Smokehouse 52 BBQ

Smokehouse 52 BBQ
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Chelsea
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful barbecue in Chelsea. The decor is nothing special, but who cares when the food is that good? My hubby loves barbecue & he was impressed. I got the pulled pork which was delicious & he got the brisket which he said was perfectly cooked.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Start with the friendly staff...that always helps get us to a table. Then the burnt ends as a starter; so large the portion was it could have been a meal for the two of us to share with one other appetizer. We did not know this so ordered the pulled pork platter and the pulled chicken paltter! Shared them both and they were great! We loved all the BBQ suaces and personally enjoyed a mix of my own using them all but light on the root beer, heaviest on the hot...yum!

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were happy to come across this restaurant during our visit to Chelsea.

We needed a fast weekday lunch and they made it happen. The place is well decorated.

Great children's meal choices with large portions and a reasonable price that included a drink.

We loved our food, especially the appetizer of burnt tips. There are several sauces on the table to choose from; we liked the root beer BBQ sauce best and bought some to bring home. Loved the toasted bun on my pulled pork sandwich. Sausage sandwich was a tiny bit disappointing; there are better items to pick from. Seemed to have a very extensive nice drink/bourbon menu but we didn't choose any this trip.

Overall we enjoyed the visit and would go back next time we are in town.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went to visit Chelsea for the day, and had no idea where to eat. Then I saw a cow hanging on the the side of a building, and I thought, "I got to see this place". It looked pretty cool inside, so we stayed and sat at the bar, and split the large rack of ribs. My wife loves ribs, and I am "ok" with them, but these were great. Slow roasted in a great tasting rub. And they also had 5 different sauces you could use. Another great taste in the meal was their corn bread. They used Jiffy, because the Jiffy plant is one block away, but they also add some other ingredients to make them super soft and moist!! The meal was huge, and really not bad for the price. Together, we still couldn't eat it all. Plus, Annaliese, was a fun server. Phil, the owner, also stopped and chatted with us. He grew up on a hog farm, and I grew up on a dairy farm, so we had lots to talk about. We even sparked up conversations with 3 other patrons. VERY friendly place.
Overall, it was a great experience, and we hope to go back again!!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were passing through Chelsea and stopped to visit the Chelsea Teddy Bear Company. We asked the girl there for a recommendation on where to eat lunch. She highly recommended Smokehouse 52 BBQ and boy were we happy that we followed her suggestion. Service was great. Our food was actually delivered within minutes. Everything was prepared properly and was delicious. The BBQ sauce options provided something for everyone. Wish I lived closer because this would be added to my favorites list. If we are ever in the area again we will definitely be back. Highly recommend it!