“Excellent Southern Smokehouse!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Smokehouse 52 BBQ
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent Southern Smokehouse!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food,excellent service. My pulled pork was smoked to perfection, with greens and smashed potatoes. Penny my wife had Mac and Cheese with smoked crab. WOW! We loved everything. Finally smokin Smokehouse BBQ close to home!

Visited April 2014

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great but service is spotty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten here both in restaurant and takeout Food has always been great. The root beer BBQ sauce is wonderful. Service very spotty, especially at lunch. Even takeout can be slow, even when ordered ahead of time. But food is so good that we will always go back.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank peterdr1956
Michigan
“Looking for BBQ in Southeast Michigan?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Smokehouse 52 is the place for you! They have lots of options to choose from so that the BBQ lover and his/her family and friends can enjoy the meal too. We honestly visited on a whim not knowing what to expect. We ordered a variety of things to try and were very surprised that they were ALL very good. The pulled pork nachos were huge and delicious. The brisket tips were tender and amazing. The smoked pork chop with bacon jam, yes, I said bacon jam, were cooked to perfection and tasty. The collard greens were a surprise, the first bite I took shocked me because they did not taste like any other greens I have had (I have tried a lot!) but after a few bites I decided these were some of the best greens I have eaten-other than my mother's. For those of you who do not enjoy smoked or barbequed items go for the creamy mac and cheese, that was also very good.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
michigan
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

The pulled pork nachos are amazing. Love the use of Michigan made foods, supporting our communities. Serving Jiffy corn bread, who does that?? What a fantastic idea, and delicious!! They also offer Michigan beers, like Keweenaw Brewing's Widow Maker. If you're an Angry Orchard lover, let them sugar The rim of your glass. We've only ever had the pulled pork. Although another family member ordered the salmon on cedar plank and we all sampled-- incredibly delicious dish! Savory, moist/juicy, tender. The best. I don't think I'll ever order it... I just cant pull myself away from the nachos. But if I do, thats the dish! Every visit has been great.

• Visited February 2014
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
“Bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ate lunch there and had a beef brisket sand witch. It was terrible with mostly fat and black waste on the sand witch. I complained to the owner and he said nothing to make it right. I left most of it but still ended up getting food poisoning and was sick for over two weeks.

• Visited April 2013