“Bad food”

Smokehouse 52 BBQ
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chelsea, Michigan, United States
“Bad food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ate lunch there and had a beef brisket sand witch. It was terrible with mostly fat and black waste on the sand witch. I complained to the owner and he said nothing to make it right. I left most of it but still ended up getting food poisoning and was sick for over two weeks.

• Visited April 2013

“Best BBQ north of Kentucky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I've been here for the second time now with the family, and the food is Great! They have many great BBQ options as well as many great drinks to choose from. The food was hot and although for our large party, the food came out very quickly. I had the BBQuban and a side of there awesome mac&cheese. I definatly reccomend this place for family and/or smaller groups, they also have a full bar.
PS. They have very good southern sweet tea too. Yum

Peoria, Illinois
“Very good BBQ for Michigan”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stopped in here while in town for business and had the group of three sliders. Add your BBQ sauce on the sliders. Food was generous and hot. Bartender was friendly and helpful in making a selection of an IPA to go with the meal.

Dexter, Michigan
“Conflicting Opinions On Our Two Visits to Smokehouse 52”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I loved the food and service upon our first visit to Smokehouse 52 in November 2013. Food and service were great the first visit. My husband ordered ribs, mac 'n cheese, and chips. I had the fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans. All were wonderfully delicious, including our drinks and service. Upon our second visit last night, nothing was the same. Ribs were tough. Fried chicken very greasy with a taste of "old grease". Mac 'n cheese was excellent. Service was poor from our waitress whom unfortunately was either hard of hearing or not the "sharpest tool". She would confirm what we asked for, then after a very long time, acted as though she had heard our request for the first time. I truly hope that management gets a better handle on quality control as we would love to make this one of our favorite restaurants.

Columbus, Ohio
“Best BBQ I Have Ever Had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

Tried this place for the first time as my travels placed me in the area. Was told my hotel staff that this was the place to get AWESOME BBQ. Boy, were they right!

Absolutely delicious!!!! The best BBQ I have ever had! The staff was super friendly and very helpful explaining the menu to new customers.

If I find myself back in the area, I will absolutely return! If u are a local - go NOW! It is THAT good!

Visited January 2014