“Foodie Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hours are Tuesday-Thursday 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Friday-Saturday 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM and Sundays 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Reviewed May 24, 2014

A great gourmet restaurant you can visit in your shorts and tee-shirt. We enjoyed seafood that was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. 5 star for sure.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Our lunch at the Common Grill was so wonderful, we have raved about it to everyone we have seen in the last week. Although I was initially a bit less than thrilled about the menu choices that were so heavy on fish and seafood offerings, the whitefish I ordered took away any doubts. It was Parmesan crusted and nicely prepared and presented on a bed of orzo, with a side of cooked spinach, and every component of the meal was delicious. The only thing I regretted about the meal was my lack of self-control with the amazing warm rolls that came out to the table ahead of the meal! This is a restaurant that is definitely worth the drive! Our only complaint was that it is a fairly large and busy restaurant and the noise level is a bit high when you first walk in.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Every time I was in Chelsea it was on a Monday and Chelsea Grill is closed. Finally got there on a Thursday night. I order steak and waiter was great in relaying my special needs of no sause or seasoning. Veggies good too. Nice menu.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I was very impressed by the Common Grill. Their menu had a nice variety. I got the fish tacos & they were super delicious. Everyone else at our table loved their food as well. I would definitely come back.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Had dinner this past Friday at the Common Grill in Chelsea and it was very good, but could have been even better! First of all, the service was excellent. Our server was attentive without being over bearing or insincere. The appetizers were good, we shared calamari and the rosemary fries at our table. The pear salad is very good, although the gorgonzola is a bit over powering. It would be better with straight up soft goat cheese. We had the parmesan crusted whitefish and the crab cakes as entrees. The whitefish plate had too much liquid that had drained off the sautéed spinach, which made the fish a bit soggy on the bottom. The flavor of the crab cakes was terrific with the citrus aioli, and they were made with almost all crab meat and few breadcrumbs, which was nice. For dessert, we shared the warm chocolate croissant bread pudding, which was excellent. All in all, a very good experience with a couple of minor exceptions.