“The outside will make you wonder. . . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chelsea Grill

Chelsea Grill
Ranked #17 of 38 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
North Street, MI
“The outside will make you wonder. . . .”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Ads may be expected, the wait was too long at the ever-popular downtown-Chelsea-located Common Grill for Saturday night walk-ins, so we returned to the car and eaded back toward Ann Arbor to explore other options. We happened upon the Chelsea Grill located in a strip mall. Hmmm. . .what IS this place? Looked like it could be a Coney-Island-type family restaurant. Was it open? Windows were dark, but we could see that lights were on. So we chanced it and went in. At first blush, it did look somewhat like a Coney Island with a mix of booths and tables. The hostess was very pleasant, greeted us and seated us promptly. No wait on a Saturday night. That could cause suspicion. The special on the board was steak with asparagus and au gratin potatoes for about $27, one of the highest-priced items on the menu.
The waitress (Cathy) was also prompt and very friendly, knew the menu items and seemed honest in her recommendations. I ordered a craft beer that was very tasty and another in our party had a Birthday Cake Martini, which was also yummy. The menu was varied and creative. I did order the steak special and it was excellent! The au gratin potatoes were unlike any I had before. Our table guests also had a creative ravioli dish, the salmon dinner with sweet potato wedges and fresh green beans, and a funky grilled cheese with ham and multiple cheese types on it. All the meals were satisfying and delicious. Homemade fresh, crusty bread was delivered while we waited. The bill for four meals and two alcoholic beverages came to $94.
The place did not disappoint.

• Visited March 2014

Manchester, michigan
“Brunch At It's Best”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have traveled quite a bit and have had brunch at many places, but I have to say that the Chelsea Grill is my favorite. I do live in Chelsea, but that does not make me a Chelsea Snob. I do not favor places in my hometown unless they are really special. And this is the ONE!

First, they serve brunch until 3pm. This is great because I wake up at about noon due to my work schedule. Second, the service cant be beat. I bring my 5 year old here and they will cater to her off menu. She is a picky eater and will only eat the healthiest of foods, They made her a fruit platter to die for(for a five year old that is.)

Brunch is simple, but creative. You can only pick from French toast or an omelet, but I promise you that you will never be disappointed. Every week is a different menu. Would you like an omelet made with asparagus, avocado, sun dried tomatoes, cream cheese and andouille sausage served with hash browns and English muffin, or do you have a sweet tooth and would like the French toast soaked in egg custard with caramelized bananas and peaches with granola and cream on top? Kudos to the chef!!!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Melissa G
Chelsea, Michigan
“Dated decor, great food”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

We weren't expecting much when we saw the decor of the restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised. Both of our entrees were very good, the wait staff was attentive and pleasant. We will definitely go back again. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Visited December 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Pub style restaurant”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

For an Irish Pub it has all of the ingredients, great fish and chips, barbeque ribs and nice sandwiches

Visited November 2013
Grass Lake, Michigan, United States
“Great Food, hidden gem!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I think many years ago they had a slow start, but this place has turned out to be quite a great place to eat! Everything I've had was excellent, from the loaded salads to my favorite sandwich in the whole world, the Cubano!! A little loaded with jalopenos, the best, but be sure to ask to omit them if you'd like! Nice outdoor patio, if you don't mind the parking lot, still charming, as well as the most tasteful of decor inside and out!!

• Visited November 2013