“Cool way to learn about a product we all know and love”
Review of Jiffy Mix Company

Jiffy Mix Company
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Chelsea
Ypsilanti
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Cool way to learn about a product we all know and love”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Loved visiting this historic local icon. Great free samples, Free tour. Very informative. The staff was well informed. We actually met Howdy Holmes, the president, in the lobby after the tour, and he was delightful. Great way to spend a day when the kids are off school!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank JudiAnnArbor

Saint Clair, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“If you are in the area”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It would be foolish not to try out this short, free tour. Call ahead and get on the list, it won't be disappointing. The tour staff is incredible. I was by myself and ended up with a group of older women and coupled with the staff it was a hilariously good time. You learn the history, see the production everything you would expect and a tour like this. I will go back every time I am in the area.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank shine1se
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Thrilling exspiriance”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

It is so cool to see how all the machines work. You get free mixes and a tour of the factory. I still can't believe this was the first cake mix company. An amazing activity.

1 Thank Michiganstatehockey
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Jiffy Mix Mill Tour”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We took a trip to the Jiffy Mix Plant and it was really interesting. It is only open M-F, but it is worth going to. You start out by watching a short movie slide about the company and then you get a bisket and a bottle of water. After the slide, the tour guide will talk about different things and answer questions. You will have the option of buying some items from a little stand if you want, then you tour the plant. At the end of the tour, each person will get a goodie bag to take home. The best part, is the tour is free. Chelsea is also a wonderful town to tour in. This is the only Jiffy mix plant in the world. Please allow about an hour and a half for the tour.

Visited December 2012
13 Thank rlegal78
West Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Neat tour, especially for Jiffy fans”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've been using the Jiffy mixes for as long as I can remember, and my mom before me and my grandma before her, so when I found this factory tour I jumped on that bit of nostalgia. Ever since my son was little he loved the show "How It's Made" and before that the part of the Mr. Rogers show where Mr. McFeely would deliver a film for "Picture Picture" demonstrating how something was made in a factory. The Jiffy factory tour was perfect for him, loud and in-your-face, as they take you right into the factory and part of the production line. He also got a kick out of the little fabric hairnets we had to wear! The staff was friendly and accomodating, although if I recall it was not stoller or wheelchair friendly. Just something to keep in mind. At the end we got to take a sample of one of the boxed mixes home...a neat surprise. It's not a large facility, but one worth stopping at. Reservations are required, so call ahead.

Visited May 2012