“Absolutely standard, absolutely no issues. 100% satisfied”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chelsea
Houston, Texas
“Absolutely standard, absolutely no issues. 100% satisfied”
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Absolutely standard, absolutely no issues. 100% satisfied

Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Dylan-Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Montague, Michigan
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I have stayed twice now for business at this hotel. It is clean and comfortable. The rooms, well layed out and furnished. My room had a jacuzzi in it that was clean and welcoming. The best of all was the Manager's Reception which began around 6 pm. Visiting and laughing with co-workers and fellow hotel residents was a rare treat. Haven't used the pool but it is attractive and I'm told by co-workers, very nice. Breakfast in the morning was filling and more than the standard cold continental breakfast. There was biscuits and gravy as well as scrambled eggs and bacon, in addition to the standard bagels, toast, muffins, cereal, and fruit...I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank hansonv
Rhode Island
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We have stayed at the Chelsea Comfort Inn several times within the last 4 years (travel frequently) and each time they find a way to step it up. They are constantly trying to find ways to make even the simplest of things better. The staff is friendly and courteous. The breakfast is a delicious array of tasty treats. The rooms are always clean. During several of our stays there were Hockey Tournaments going on due to the Artic Coliseum being so close by and we never had to complain about noise. It was always quiet. There was only one stay were I thought they could do better and that was when we got a room on the 3rd floor. Upon opening the door you could immediately smell smoke. This seemed odd in a smoke free hotel but right below our room window was the exterior smoking area. So the fan unit was pulling the smoke right up into the room. This made for an unpleasant stay as the smell of smoke was quiet bothersome, but since the hotel was full we stuck it out. I would definitely stay again and in fact we have just this month but do to that one experience, we ask for the 1st or 2nd floor rooms. And our most recent stay was perfect. Just like Home!!!! :>)

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RITigger05
MIchigan
Reviewed April 19, 2009

WE were greeted by Terry when we checked in. He was so kind and down to earth.
He was very friendly and helpful in telling us good places to eat.
My kids loved that they had fresh good cookies out and ready for them!
The pool area and spa were immaculate!
Our room was clean...the lobby was clean...the breakfast room was clean....the halls were clean!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a very nice place to stay!
Breakfast was wonderful! The rates were perfect...dont hesitate to stay here!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank vintageaprongirl
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed June 19, 2008

We stayed in a 2 queen room on June 14th. The room was on the 2nd floor. Had a great stay! The room was very clean and had wireless internet. The pool area was clean and the water was very cool and refreshing. The hot tub that was being repaired last year, was in full working order this year and enjoyable! We also enjoyed setting outside on the "patio" with the lounge chairs.

We stayed here last year for the NASCAR weekend and came back this year because of the great location and the clean hotel. However, the main problem I have is with the outrageous price gouging this hotel has during race weekends! For our 2 queen room we paid $226 a night....that same room the following week was $94-$115. OUTRAGEOUSLY jacked up prices! Unfortunately, most hotels do the same, so we just have to deal with it. Otherwise, it was a really enjoyable stay!

• Liked — Clean rooms, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Hugely increased races for NASCAR fans!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank micountrygal
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed April 26, 2008

This is your basic Comfort Inn, located next to Exit 159 on I94 (Chelsea), which is about 15 miles West of Ann Arbor. It's a three story building with an indoor pool. We stayed here to avoid the graduation weekend crowding in Ann Arbor. We kept our windows open and the freeway noise was neglible. We were kept awake by a loud party group, however, who seemed to stay in the pool area well past the theoretical closing time. The room was comfortable and clean. Coffee machine and ironing board, but no fridge or microwave. Breakfast offerings include waffles, hard boiled eggs, breads, juices, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, and fruit. Coffee and hot water are available all the time. There is a single public computer with a printer/fax/scanner/copier in the business center. There is no in-room wireless but you can connect with an ethernet cord. The desk will provide one if you don't have one. The exercise room has a stair stepper, two treadmills (only one worked), a decline ab bench, and basic weight machines on which one can figure out how to work all the major muscle groups with the pulleys and weights. Not much room to stretch or do floor exercises, however. The gym could accomodate two people; more would be a crowd. The hotel is about a mile and a half from Chelsea's downtown. There is a Wendy's across the street and a Holiday Inn Express across the parking lot. There is also a convention center on the property; this might be a good complex for a wedding or family reunion.

This is your basic roadside chain hotel, reassuringly predictable but not interesting or charming. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Chelsea is a charming small town that is worth a visit.

• Liked — Reasonable price, clean and comfortable, good location
  • Disliked — Small gym, no wireless in room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank wguterbock
michigan
Reviewed February 18, 2008

I stayed at the chelsea comfort inn and the first night was great, clean the staff was friendly and helpfull. I decided to stay another night and the staff supplied me with a late checkout I got lost on my way back and the front desk gave the key to my room to a stranger, so the stranger had access to my room my animal and my things. later while I was at the pool, somone had came into my room taken the sheet I had placed over my dogs crate and put it inside the crate The front desk claimed to know nothign about it. I wil not stay at this hotel again I spent the entire night worried about someone coming into the room. The door might as well been left wide open the entire stay. The second room had not been stocked with the champaine and chocolate as the special stated it would be and the room was not stocked as i had requested. I was not offered a discount only a hushed apology. My animal could have been stolden or harmed, my things stolden, or my roomate or i could have been attacked. And all this and I had given them two cell phone numbers in order to contact me if there was any problems!!!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank collegegrllstress
ComfortInnChelsea, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2009
We are very sorry that this happened to this guest, or any guest that stays in our hotel. This event did happen when the previous management company was running the hotel. As of March 2008, a new management company is in place and every employee has been instructed in hotel security and issuing room keys to non-registered guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ann Arbor West
Baymont Inn & Suites Jackson
Weber's
Weber's
#11 of 35 in Ann Arbor

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!