“DO NOT GO TO THIS RESTAURANT!!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Arctic Breakaway Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Chelsea
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The service is absolutely TERRIBLE!!! I went there one time to host a party (it was about a $100-$200 bill altogether) and the servers there were rude, insulting and yelling at several members of the party (one was the birthday girl, her 18th, and she was nothing but respectful in return and obliged by every rule the servers FORCED us to follow). I've been back to this restaurant several times and each time besides once I've had a terrible waitress and the food's been at best okay, most of the time shabby and far overpriced.

Recently I decided to give it one last go and make a phone call to the restaurant to get some information, but as I asked the questions the manager (yes, the MANAGER) rudely decided to yell at me, insult me, and berate me, calling me names and pointing out how "wrong" it was to be stupid enough to have these questions. I couldn't get a word in edgewise around her shouting. When I politely asked if she could please talk to me in a civil manner and discuss this calmly, she hung up on me. I will NEVER go to this restaurant ever again! Poor food, poor service! DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED TERRIBLY!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The food was good, it is a great environment, nice idea and family atmosphere. The staff was very nice and helpful.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

OK food, loud atmosphere. At least some pool and arcade downstairs to entertain kids. Extremely slow service

Reviewed June 13, 2012

You won't find this restaurant unless you know where to look. The Breakaway is upstairs at the hockey arena, the hockey arena is hidden behind the lumber yard and the lumber yard is on Old Manchester Road off Main Street.

The Breakaway is a restaurant/sports bar with a full menu. While it has the usual array of TVs featuring professional sporting events, you could also watch a live hockey game (or practice) from the windows on either side of the restaurant. Many of the patrons are probably eating while their children are playing or practicing. Wait staff dresses as referees. While out-of-towners eat at The Common Grill, this is where the locals go. The Breakaway provides good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've been there a handful of times. Be aware, it is a sports bar so expect it to be loud. It's nice if you watching someone on the ice, like a friend skating or your brother's hockey game, but don't expect fine service.
One time when I was there two of the peopel in our groups got steel whool in our pasta, so we sent it back. And the second time there was STILL steel whool. So we complained to teh manager who offered us free desert for our group and got us new pasta. Which sounds great, but when we got the check back he charged everone who didn't have teh pasta for our deserts. Really quite underhanded, and to be honest it was even that good.
The non-alcoholic drinks are decent though.

Honestly the only reason I would ever go back is when I babysit and they want to skate and I don't.