“Pleasantly surprised”

Black Sheep Baaa & Grill
Ranked #13 of 36 Restaurants in Cheboygan
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've driven past this place for several years, and never really thought about it. But after reading some reviews, decided to give it a try. It is an old bar, and looks like it from both the the inside and out. The dining area was simple, but clean. The service was very good, both from the waitress as well as the cook who both took great care of us. It is bar food, but it was good, hot, priced reasonably, and served quickly. The shrimp po boy was very good, and made from scratch using real shrimp, not the tiny "salad" shrimp. Pulled Pork was also good as were the chicken strips. Looks like they had a full stocked bar, Restaurant had a wheelchair ramp which looked usable, but bathrooms were not accessible. All said, if you are looking for a quick bite to eat, maybe a drink, this is worth stopping. I'll return, and watch this business grow, it is small now, but I'll bet they continue to do well, I wish them good success and thank them for a simple, but very good meal.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I have even going to the black sheep for almost 2 years now and I have had the best customer service, the ladies that work there are great, the cooks know what they are doing for sure. I have had pretty much everything on the menu and everything is so great! There clam chowder is the best I have found in northern Michigan an being from alaska I was shocked when I tasted the clam chowder, good clan chowder is hard to find but I have finally found it!! The taco salad is one of my favorites for sure!! Love the drinks and food!! Best place hands down in Cheboygan

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great drink specials!!!!!!!!!! A local place to hang out and get some food and drinks. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Liked the food, we had wraps. Good service. Clean and quaint. We'll visit again. Love the name, Black Sheep Baaa & Grill

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is really one of the best casual restaurants in the Cheboygan area. I have never had a bad meal there over the last several months - especially liking the gyro, reuben, coney specials, and seafood chowder. The owners are great, and are always friendly and helpful. I guess you can say we are 'regulars.'