“Great place for a special dinner”
Review of Hack-Ma-Tack Inn

Hack-Ma-Tack Inn
Ranked #12 of 36 Restaurants in Cheboygan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I recently celebrated our 37th wedding anniversary and wanted a "special place" to have dinner. We immediately thought of the Hack Ma Tack, even though it's a 100+ mile trip. We love it for its "old-time" decor (it's a turn-of-the-century hunting lodge), and for the view of the Cheboygan River thru the trees. So we decided to take a couple days (the joy of retirement!!) and make a mini-vacation of it. Our dinner was superb as usual. Our server, Stacie, was delightful. We both had the "small size" of their prime rib. By small, it means you only have to take home one extra day's meal. They were superb and done to our individual preferences. They comp'd our dessert in honor of our anniversary and it was a delicious chocolate cheesecake. Their wine list is extensive. Pricing is a bit high but not out of line for a special treat. By now it's closed for the winter. I believe their season is Memorial Day to Oct 15, but you should check their website. It's a charming place, one of our all-time favorites, and we look forward to going again next year.

3  Thank John S

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've not had a good experience at the "Hack" yet. My dinner there was grossly over priced and under portioned tuna, not impressed one bit. I've stopped in twice since to get a drink and perhaps an appetizer, as the bar is unique. Both times there was no one to serve me though I waited a considerable amount of time. The second time I found the bartender outside the front door smoking a cigarette chatting with another employee, I just got in my car and left. Not a place I refer to friends, but Ohio State fans.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Popped in over the weekend for a drink.
The staff was very friendly. The service (in the bar) was good. Their specialty it a 'Hummer' - an ice cream cocktail.
While we did not eat - the menu looked nice.
The atmosphere was charming and cozy. A wonderful environment for dinner with friends / family.
Looking forward to returning for dinner sometime.

2  Thank signinsareapain
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a perfect evening at the Hack-Ma-Tack. The restaurant itself is so charming, with the dark wood interior and interesting decor; the views outside are stunning. Our server (Lucy) was very helpful and paced our dinner very well. We had crab cakes appetizer served with a terrific sauce. My husband had an excellent (and huge) wedge salad; the Caesar salad is wonderful. We both had prime rib, which was served exactly at the temperatures ordered, with very nice sides of horseradish sauce, potato (dutchess potato was very nice), and vegetables. Afterwards we stopped for a drink at the bar, which is also so interesting. The bartender was terrific, with great suggestions and very enjoyable to visit with. We'll look forward to coming back again!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Beautiful setting with amazing decor and quite a history as well. Raccoons entertain as you enjoy a diverse choice of selections for dinner. Off the beaten path, in a woods giing a great north experience. A bit pricey for the budget minded, but a real treat if inclined. Boaters can roll in as well for refreshment making this a great all around selection for a good night out. A must see if even for a drink.