“Slipping”

Pier M33 On The Cheboygan
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Cheboygan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: It is best to call ahead in the off-season to make sure the hours listed on this website are current. Thank you. Offering an eclectic fare of palate-pleasing creations and daily chalkboard specials incorporating fresh local ingredients all created by renowned Chef Rich Travis. Also offering a 75-slip marina on the famous Inland Waterway with seasonal or daily rentals and boat parking for dining guests. Located near the junction of M 33 and M 27 just south of Cheboygan.
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I was ecstatic when this place opened; Cheboygan dearly needed a quality dining spot and for about 18 months Pier 33 had a monopoly on quality and style. I'm saddened to report that while the emphasis food presentation remains, commitment to flavor has all but disappeared. Pier 33 is now among the worst dining values in the "tip-of-the-mit" area. The burgers lacked any semblance of flavor and arrived with buns so soggy my son needed to ear his with knife and fork; a $7 order of onion rings was minuscule and only of fair quality; the "Biloxi" pulled pork sandwich lacked even a rumor of smoke flavoring and was slathered in an over powering honey-mustard dressing. The cole slaw on the sandwich was the only remotely enjoyable aspect of the offering. The lobster bisque was heavily salted - almost enedable. Our waitress, while friendly and curtious, was inept. I finally had to ask the owner for hamburger condiments for our children's servings, which became cold waiting for ketchup. All in all I dumped $120 there for lunch and walked away disappointed and embarrassed that I had entertained out of town family poorly. The presentation of the food was very nice though. So, if you want to just look at your food and generally enjoy vastly over paying for you purchases, Pier 33 is exactly what you're looking for.

3  Thank Richard N W

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I am so glad we decided to try this place for lunch. I LOVED it. The lobster bites are awesome!! We also ordered the shrimp appetizer, I loved that too. I ordered the big burger, and it lived up to its name. I can't wait to go there again!"

1  Thank AlbrechtBA
Reviewed September 30, 2013

A foodie friend of mine who never steers me wrong told me about this place, how right. The food is PHENOMENAL! I have pretty much worked my way through the menu: Scallops w/ CoCo Curry Rice Noodles are my absolute favorite, Shrimp and Asparagus Pasta is creamy goodness, Pork Tenderloin w/ polenta and crimini (order medium rare for a real treat), and close second goes to the sweet and savory Hoisin Short Rib with mango salsa, edamame mashers, and wonderful little spring rolls. The specials are always changing but if you ever get the chance the ribs may be the best I've ever had and the Lobster Bolognese will garner addiction status. The service is great as well, but if you get Rachel, Tammi, Wendy or Shilo at the bar it is the BEST around.

1  Thank seth r
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We dined here over the weekend.
The service was great - friendly and attentive.
While it was too chilly for us to enjoy it, there was a nice patio with a view of the river and small marina.
They had a nice bar area, if you just wanted to grab a cocktail.
The food received mixed reviews. The appetizers and dessert were nice. The soup and entrees were about average.
All and all - we would return again.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Mullett Lake for 74 years to our family cottage. Pier 33 has been a wonderful addition to the local scene. The food has always been well- prepared. The menu is not extensive but everything on it is pretty wonderful. Sitting outside by the river on a lovely summer might can't be beaten. The wait staff is superior. We return there several times in the summer

1  Thank Flipper1939