“Basic - not much in the area - cannot walk to anything!”

Holiday Inn Express Charlotte
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Charlotte
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Basic - not much in the area - cannot walk to anything!”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

First of all - room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. This is the most important. Right off the major highway which is good however it is remote to the community and you cannot walk to anything close by. You must drive to get something to eat. Registration staff were very courteous. I would probably the next time, drive a little further on to Lansing if going east.

Room Tip: The area is remote to anything else and well off the highway so in my view all the rooms are quiet...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GMCharlotte, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Dennis,

Thank you for taking to time to post a review of our hotel. It is good to hear that you did find our hotel nice and clean and our staff friendly! I apologize that we are not closer to the downtown area with all of the restaurants, but luckily we are right next door to Meijer which has a great selection of most anything as well as a Subway inside. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again for the simple fact that our staff was helpful and our rooms were comfortable!
Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here when i had to trailer a friends car back north due to a transmission troubles, this was a nice hotel clean rooms nice cont breakfast and the night clerk was helpful. It was just off of the 127 Which was very convenient.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel. It is great to hear how your enjoyed your visit with us! I hope that the next time you are in the Charlotte area you will choose to stay with us again.

Thank you again, and we hope to see you soon!
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Great property in a good location. Clean and neat!

Arrived fairly late and without reservations.

Welcome was OK but staff dress very casual.

No recognition for IHG Rewards Club Members - No IHG Bag of goodies.

Rooms are average to a little better except that we booked two Deluxe King Rooms and when we arrived at the rooms one room had no sofa at all but all the space, lamps and accent tables???

It was late and we met in our room that was fully furnished.

When we checked out and mentioned that there was no sofa the staff seemed non concerned and laughed and that was that??

Staff seem to want to have a smoke break more than servicing clients and at best are less than professional.

Breakfast was the average IHG fare no more no less but the coffee was good!

Room Tip: Check to make sure all the furnishings are there.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TangoForFun
GMCharlotte, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest.
I would like to express my sincere apologies that your recent stay with us was less than you'd expect, With our hotel being 11 years old, we are in the process of remodeling the entire building with guest rooms being our first priority, While viewing our furnishings, 2 of the sofas were unsafe to remain in the rooms due to springs or other metal parts protruding through, which would have become a guest safety issue. I made a decision to remove both sofas immediately, as our guest safety is and always will be our number one priority.
AS we move forward with the extensive renovations, all new furnishings are being installed in each room, making this another exciting PLUS for our guest experience.
I would like to invite you back once the renovations are complete, so you can experience the NEW HOLIDAY INN Express in person.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our staff was there for a 2 day meeting and was very unhappy with service, facilities, etc. We were in a small meeting room for 40 people and neither one of the air conditioning units worked. It smelled in there and was so stuffy that it was hard to concentrate on the meeting. The hotel does not offer any catering services therefore we had an outside service (which was awful) bring in snacks and lunch. Only 1 bathroom to use on the main floor so there was always a line....they need a better meeting setup and restroom facilities to accommodate 35 women. Staff stood right outside the entrance to smoke so we had to walk thru a cloud of smoke every time we entered the hotel. Very poor welcome!! I would recommend driving to Marshall or Lansing for a meeting or hotel stay!!

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear kncreviews,

Thank you for the candid review of our property as this will guide us in making the right decisions. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with the staff. Please be assured that we treat this matter seriously and will be discussed with the management. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Coldwater, Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A large group of us stayed here and the rooms are very nice and the bed very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and every time we passed someone, we were greeted by them. The only negative thing I would say is that the elevator quit working later on and we had to take the stairs. It was working again the next morning. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMCharlotte, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest. My team and I would like to express our sincere appreciation to you for taking time out of your busy day to offer us feedback regarding your recent stay. IT was our pleasure to have you lodge with us and we look forward to having you come back " Home to the Holiday Inn Express in Charlotte, Mi" next time you are in town. Make it a great day!
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I have to agree with a previous review that people who work here just don't care. The last few years I have stayed here a number of times and was very satisfied. My last stay here was a great disappointment. Access doors not working, hot tub not working and I get uncaring comments from staff. I overheard housekeeping tell another she "hated early check ins". Somestimes I like to check in early if there is an available room. As soon as she had seen me after her coment she did say Hi as if to make up for what she was hoping I hadn't overheard. In the past I wouldn't have hesitated to make a reservation here, but I will be checking other options next time. I come to this area a lot on business.

• Stayed July 2013
GMCharlotte, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Charlotte, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to express my sincere apologies to you for the inconveniences you experienced during your most recent stay with us here in Charlotte, Mi.
Your feed back helps us to identify in what areas we need to pay attention to. in order to better serve our guest.
I am also happy to inform you that my hotel will be under going a major upgrade in the next few months, making this hotel shine like it did many years ago. The new owner and I have delegated the funds needed to enhance this property making it better than before.
Currently we have installed Direct Tv with an enhanced channel line up including 5 HBO channels and much much more.
Once the hotel's renovations are complete. I would like to ask you to come back and allow my team and I to " wow" you once again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every year when we visit family in area. It is pretty clean, Internet speed is decent and free breakfast is pretty standard hotel fare. While staying here, request end room, they are quite spacious, if a king bed and pull out sofa while fit your needs.

Feel it is a bit overpriced for area you are in.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte
#3 of 3 in Charlotte
#3 of 25 in Lansing
Quality Suites Hotel
Quality Suites Hotel
#4 of 25 in Lansing
Comfort Inn & Suites Dimondale
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Hampton Inn & Suites Lansing West

Been to Holiday Inn Express Charlotte? Share your experiences!