“Wedding Reception venue”
Review of The Country Mill

The Country Mill
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Charlotte
More attraction details
Owner description: The Country Mill orchard is the only mid-Michigan cider mill where a family can pick fresh apples, peaches, and blueberries at the same farm. We also offer our own locally grown vegetables such as sweet corn, winter squash, and pumpkins. In the fall, come enjoy tasting our homemade wines, hard cider, pies, donuts, and other baked goods. We also offer tours on Tuesday through Friday in September and October. Many activities on the weekends in the fall. Weddings and private parties year around.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wedding Reception venue”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I just DJ'd a wedding reception here at Country Mill. I was in the big barn. It was not bad. A great place for a party. If you are looking for something a bit different, the Mill will work. It is decorated nicely. Lots of space. I believe there were nearly 300 people at the reception and there was plenty of space.
It was 67 degrees outside and it was still quite pleasant inside. I cannot speak of colder or hotter days but I have DJ'd many outdoor receptions and all I can say is, you deal with the weather you are dealt.
Fun place, I wish I had time to look around the grounds. I will be bringing my wife back for some wine tasting!
If you are thinking of holding your reception here, I think you will be pleased.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank GeoNeil

Eaton Rapids, Michigan
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“get place to get goodies”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My husband and I have been out to the Country Mill twice so far this fall, and are planning another trip this weekend. Love the donuts, cider, and Now is my go to for their home grown popcorn -love the tender white, small kernels and all the kernels popped ! Husband bought the honey from their hives in the orchard, and he needs more and we will be getting it this weekend. He also bought the roasted pumpkin seeds which he also needs more of. We did the wine tasting and ended up getting 2 bottles of wine which I'm saving for our Thanksgiving celebration.
I would rather though that they had someone bagging up the donuts for people rather than serve yourself, it seems to be a fast process when it done by one of the bakers.

2 Thank DorFran
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Extremely wonderful experience for the whole family”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I went with my family and had a blast the kids loved the animals and they had a kids haunted house. They also had the best cider and home made doughnuts. We went out and picked apples of the tree. It was an amazing experience and I will be taking my family back next weekend! A++

3 Thank kevin1980k
Grand Rapids, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The good and bad experience”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

There were many things to experience at this orchard. We had fun picking apples and rode the train back to the beginning of the orchard on the free train. We purchase donuts and cider. The thing that tainted our experience were that there was never good signage. We we struggled to know where to go and what to do and when we were two times in the wrong, we were treated poorly. We waited 20 minutes for the train to the orchard at the point we saw it depart. Many others asked us if this was the place to get the train, so we were not alone. When a train came and we boarded we were told it was not the free train and we had to get off. We then saw a sign on the train that was about 4 X 6 saying it was a 3 dollar fee. At the spigots to bottle your own cider it stated that cups were available at the register. We had sampled cider at other orchards, so at the register we asked for cups. We were confronted by a loud, rude, tall and skinny employee while filling our cups, telling us we were suppose to purchase and pour from our purchase cider!! It was a scene that called attention to us!! The sign was NOT clear and being people that always follow rules it was humiliating. There is always a way to address a mistake without making the customer feel like low life. Get your act together!!! Take some of your profit and make signage! There are many orchards to visit in MI and yours is not longer on our list.

3 Thank SusanLD6516NL
Lansing, Michigan, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“This place holds so many special memories”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have been coming to the country mill for years! It is the best place to pick out that special pumpkin every year, eat a fresh donut, and try a cider slushy. There is so much love that has been put into this place, it's just amazing. Everything is reasonably priced and the food is delicious! We just tried their cheesy garlic bread with cream cheese and it is to die for! You get entire pan full for $4.99 and believe me it's incredible. This place is great, see for yourself!

1 Thank AllisonC824