“OK” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Charlevoix Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Warren, Michigan
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Found this hotel on line. The staff were very friendly and accomadating. Room was clean and comfortable. First, I thought there would be a frig in our room and there was none. As most places we stay at, all rooms have a frig. I called the front desk to inquire about a frig and was told that only certain rooms have them. I needed a frig to keep medications in. She offered a frig for a charge of $10 a night or I could keep my medication in the frig at the front desk. First, I would never keep medication in a frig shared by other people, besides the fact it would be a inconvience, second, for the rate we paid, there should have been one in the room.
The continental breakfast was ok. I wanted oatmeal, they had instant but no microwave to cook it in, all there was available was a hot water spicket, which did not cook the oatmeal and the milk came out at room temprature.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan P, General Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Good evening!

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. I am sorry that we don't have refrigerators in all of our rooms - yet! We took over ownership of the hotel this summer, and we are making big plans to improve a variety of amenities over this next year. We have many many new changes already. One of the future improvements is refrigerators in the rooms. I do apologize we don't have them in the rooms yet.

In regards to our breakfast, we do have a microwave at the center of the our main breakfast counter. I apologize it wasn't more visible for your use.

Thank you again for your stay. I do hope you return soon to continue seeing the updates we're making. Have a wonderful fall.

Jonathan Pack

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We found this hotel online and appreciated the fact it allowed pets. However, smoking was either allowed at one time and the after-effects have stuck or else the no-smoking policy has been ignored, for our room (third floor near the back stairway) had a musty, smoky odor which hit you when you opened the door. The staff was very kind in providing us with a bottle of Febreez, which helped after very liberal use, and we kept the window open and ran the fan continually. Their continental breakfast included waffles and some baked goods, the usual fare. The price was a little higher than we were looking for ($135), but again, we appreciated their allowing pets. Not sure we would stay here again, though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan P, General Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed our customer service, but I apologize for the condition of the room. We took over the hotel at the end of June and we are in the process of finalizing renovations of the rooms and the common areas. We are excited to change it and make it better for our guests. I do hope you return to see how we have changed, but I do apologize for the room condition. I will work with our team to make sure that we are following our "S Cubed" rule - Sight, Smell, and Sound before we make a room ready for check-in.

Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend!

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We chose to stay here passing through on our way to Mackinac. The price was right and they had an indoor pool. We arrived fairly late around 9:15 only to learn the pool closed at 10. The girl working the front desk was very nice and told us she'd keep it open until 10:30 for us. A very nice offer!

Our room was your basic hotel room, although small it was pretty clean and I'm a clean freak when it comes to hotels. The pool was old but clean. The only bad thing was when you turned on the jets in the hot tub there was a horrible high pitched screeching sound coming from a utility closet in the pool area. That didn't make for a very relaxing soak.

The continental breakfast was average: muffins, doughnuts, yogurt, fruit and a waffle maker. Everything was fresh and actually the cinnamon doughnuts were really good!

The morning desk attendant was just as friendly as the night clerk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I'm glad you got to enjoy the pool a bit before you called it a night. My company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over management for the new ownership group of the hotel, and we'll be doing a lot of great updates to the property in the coming months. We'd love to have you visit again and see all the changes.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

the rooms and lobby are very dated, but more disappointing was the stale smoke smell in the hallways. we booked 1 night at the Inn end of our stay in the area and unfortunately, had not been able to extend at our previous hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kate l
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Good Day!

Thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were disappointed. The hotel was just purchased at the end of June and our company has been working hard in planning our improvements. Just a week ago we installed our new 39" LED HD TV's. This week, we had our architect and designer in to help us create a new look to our lobby, halls, and rooms. We have a lot of great things coming for the hotel and we'll be sharing those improvements on our Facebook page on a regular basis.

Thank you again and I hope you do return as you see the improvements being made. Have a nice day and great rest of August.

Grand Blanc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We chose to stay here this July while in Charlevoix. We looked all over town and everything was fully booked other than shacky roadside motels that honestly were really old and disgusting. We stopped and looked at 2 or 3 area roadside motels and I refused to stay there. I was very surprised to find this hotel had vacancies since it was so nice and a good price too. I think it was because of the location as this hotel is just on the outskirts of the main downtown strip area and most people probably don't drive down the strip this far. But it is a nice area and still across the road from Lake MI. The outside of the hotel is nice and everything is clean and fairly new looking. I think we paid around $90.00 for this room if I remember right. Believe me it was the best deal around. Upon check in we were greeted by a really nice, down to earth lady. She let us switch our room to 2 Queen beds instead of 2 doubles. I recommend spending the extra $5.00 and get the queens. The queens had sheet surrounded comforters (which I prefer) instead of bedspreads. Also beds were a lot nicer size for a family of four. Rooms were very clean and everything was nice. I noticed they did need to wash their bed ruffles though. There were some stains on them. Breakfast was good. It was your typical continental breakfast. I would recommend the hotel gets some nicer signs for the outside of the hotel. The signage is very plain and small print. It does not look very nice and does not do the hotel justice. Overall, would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Get queen beds instead of full.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Hello!

Thank you so much for your stay and your review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much and felt it was a great value. We just purchased the hotel at the end of June, and we're very lucky to have a great staff already in place that captures our hotel company's service focus.

Thank you also for your suggestions on the signage and bedding. Over the next year, we will be doing some great improvements to the property. One of those is our signage. We just finalized our new logo (we'll definitely keep our name of the Charlevoix Inn & Suites), so we're now in the process of ordering new signs and collateral for the hotel. We also will have our new large-screen HD TV's delivered next week. We have more plans for all new bedding, new breakfast updates, new roof, new landscaping, and, possibly in a few years, a new outdoor pool!

We're very excited for the improvements that are going to occur that will make our guests enjoy their stays even more. It will be a nice reward for our great staff as well.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Regional Manager
Wayne, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel is not your top of the line elaborate Inn... However the rooms are clean, and the staff is super nice. If you need anything at all, ask the girls at the front desk. They can even give you directions and a list of activities to do in the town. I would stay in this hotel again for the price=)
My only complaint, is the hot tub was out of service during our stay. But they were working on fixing in so.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Good day!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize that our hot tub was out of commission. Our management company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over running the Charlevoix Inn & Suites. We currently operate 11 hotels across the country, including the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites in Traverse City. We are planning a variety of improvements throughout the entire property for our guests and the Charlevoix Inn & Suites Family. We did decide to shut down our hot tub as we were evaluating the operations of it and we found we needed to improve some mechanical parts to it. This is all part of the steps we will take to make the Charlevoix Inn & Suites the best hotel in the area.

Thank you again for your stay. I hope we can welcome you back soon again.

Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Coldwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Once again our stay at Charlevoix inn and suites was a positive experience. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean .Breakfast was very good. Food was always available,and they did not run out of anything. The pool and hot tub were clean and very relaxing. Front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Maid service was good and left extra towels when requested. This hotel was $89 during weekdays and $99 on weekends.Thats in Charlevoix 4th of july week. This is a ma and pa hotel and they dont price gouge the guests. But I did hear they were bought by bigger company in the last few months so they are going to fair pricing shortly.LOVE THIS HOTEL and made reservations for next 4th of July.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room with view of Lake Charlevoix. Brekfast area fills up fast so get down there e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Good evening!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our management company, Riley Hotel Group, did just take over management of the property for the new ownership group of the Charlevoix Inn & Suites. We're very excited to improve the Inn in areas that need improvement. We're very fortunate, though, that we the staff is already wonderful and willing to learn new things as we make the hotel better. Currently, we operate 11 hotels across the country, including the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites in Traverse City, Michigan. I assure you that we focus on value and quality of stays. Guests will see continued improvements in the hotels appearance over the next year.

We'll be happy to welcome you back to see our improvements. Thank you so much and have a great day!

Charlevoix Inn & Suites.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
The Apple Tree Inn
The Apple Tree Inn
#7 of 15 in Petoskey
Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey

Been to Charlevoix Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!