“Best sandwiches in Charlevoix”
Review of Scovie's Gourmet

Scovie's Gourmet
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I've been to Scovie's many times, and this time was no different. Walked in and was greeted by an enthusiastic gentleman behind the counter. I told him I wanted a good sandwich with turkey because I didn't want to bother to read all the different combinations...he suggested the Tom's, so I concurred and he went to work. I could tell this guy was proud of his sandwiches and gave it more effort than the chumps at Subway or some kid just punching the clock. Took the sandwich and lobster bisque home and was pleasantly surprised with the freshness and tastiness of my sandwich...marbled rye was a nice touch. There's no other sandwich joint in town that's operating at this level. Looking forward to going back this summer!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

We drove through Charlevoix on our way to Petoskey and looked on Trip Advisor for somewhere to eat. This was a great place. The staff was nice and pleasant. We ordered soup and sandwiches and we would stop again they were so good.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

Scovies has been a breath of fresh air since the day they opened. Finally a deli we can walk to with good food at decent pricing. The staff is friendly and attentive, feeling like every one is a family member of the owner.

The food is very good deli food, sandwiches, burgers, soups and salads. Overall everything is well recieved by our clan and I have a couple of items I really like. We eat here a lot when in town. I would like to see a "man" soup at some point. I like soup with lunch but will not go near a Tortilla soup (although my wife likes it).

Note it is a deli and will be on the noisy side. Tables are tight together.

Reviewed October 1, 2011

lunch-tied with best hamburger ever. $9.50. cherry brie. melted cheese, hamburger (1/2 pound) done to order, pretzel bun that was soft, and topped with large, plentiful dried cherries. service excellent. soups looked good. this is a place that guy fieri should be checking out instead of some of the dumps triple d takes us to. enjoy! highly reccommend.

1  Thank emptywallet
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Scovie's never lets us down. We visit Charlevoix once a year and always lunch at Scovie's. The soups are the best! We have never had anything that was not perfectly fresh and delicious. Can't wait to visit again!