“Great view, great service, great food!”

Stafford's Weathervane Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 58 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went for our 1 year anniversary dinner and our server was more than friendly! We went later at night so we were worried they would be closing but they didn't give us an issue. There were 4 other couples in the dining room and they faced us all along the channel. Even though it was dark, it was vrey pretty to see the lights shining off of the water. It's a little on the expensive side so plan on spending at least 25 per person on yuor man dish. It's worth it for a special occasion.

p.s. My husband said it was the best fillet he's ever had :)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Eating indoors or out on thr Terrace, a table along the channel watching boats traveling between Lake Michigan and Round Lake with a functioning drawbridge is most delightful. The menu is varied and quality of the food extremely pleasing.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I had lunch at Weathervane. We went there because I had been there years ago and wanted to go back. We stayed at Staffords Bay View Inn in Petosky so it was a nice drive to Charlevoix. We sat outside and had a nice view of the water and a beautiful condo building across the waterway. It was a nice sunny day with a bit of a breeze. There is a lift bridge right by Weathervane and we got to see it go up. If you sit outside, ask for a seat toward the back of the porch. The traffic noise is loud toward the front.

I had the Chicken Salad which came with lots of nice fruit and fruit bread. It was good but a bit dry. I have to say that it was a nice plateful of food for a reasonable price.

Our waitress was very bubbly and friendly and everyone there seemed to be that way so I don't understand the negative comments. I also don't understand why someone bashes a place that's been around so long because they ran out of something. It happens. Go back again and have it then.

A very nice romantic lunch by the water.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Don't Go! The Weathervane's age is showing. Total indifference to food and service. "We" were out of shrimp cocktail, the planked whitefish was flavorless, the potatoes burnt, the waiter tried hard but he was under-trained and when faced with the prospect of telling us 'no can do' on the shrimp and our negative reaction thereto, he was just at a loss as to anything reasonable to do for us to atone for this ridiculous development. The manager was non-existent, the hostess was sleeping standing up at the desk, the bartender was MIA, I mean why bother even being open, just close it up. The 'room' has all the ambiance it did in 1950 ..... 'cause apparently that was the last time it was redecorated - did not smell, but definitely felt, .... musty. Did somebody say 'Old Folks Home?' Every reason to go to the Weathervane is now G O N E. A shame. Many new/mo' betta places are in the trade area; we'll go there from now on.

1  Thank essexofwessex
Jeff S, General Manager at Stafford's Weathervane Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our Restaurant. After investigating your described incident with my service staff as well as mangement, I would like to say that everyone knew that you were not happy that we ran out of shrimp cocktail on that evening as well as the guest around you. I am sorry for that .
Please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Jeff Sprecksell

Reviewed September 9, 2012

After trying to find a last minute place to lay our heads and ended up at a mediocre roadside motel (clean, but modest), we hussled on down to the restaurant I had noticed by the water. Got to sit outside. Watching to boats and the drawbridge were fun. Food was a little pricey for you you got, but it was good. The town was booming and we were told because of all the weddings that are booked during the weekends. Walked out to the pier after dinner and spent some time people watching.