I stayed here with my husband for a family wedding. The lobby is very inviting, and the room was clean and comfortable. There was no fitness facility, but the pool has "adult swim" hours and it was empty at the 7am time I took the plunge. The pool area has a high wooden ceiling with nice large windows. They have balls and noodles for kids to play with. I later found out that there is a bike trail across the street I probably could've used. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be very easy to walk to the downtown area from this hotel. It's quite a ways before you even hit sidewalk for Charlevoix, and even that is at the outskirts.
My aunts stayed there too, and they were happy dogs were allowed (extra fee I think).
There is a guest washer and dryer available that accepts change (something like $1.25 per load per machine).
The included breakfast had a decent variety. There were hard boiled eggs, biscuits (not that great) and gravy, cereals, yogurt, waffles, milk, apples, oranges, peanut butter, and pastries. They even had "Go Gurt" which I had to try since I would never ever actually buy it.
There is an in-room safe (extra $1 fee unless you do something special to waive it... not sure what).
I thought it was a little pricey for what it was, but high prices definitely aren't unusual in these little northern Michigan resort towns and I've experienced much much worse. AmericInn at least was cute and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charlevoix's newest lodging facility located 2 miles north of downtown. Directly across from Little Traverse Wheelway and Charlevoix Country Club. Spacious rooms including whirlpool and fireplace suites. Largest hotel breakfast that includes waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee, cereal, danish, fresh fruit, fruit cups and much more! Indoor pool, sauna, hot tub open year round. Wifi and meeting room. Spacious parking lot for all your RV/boat/bus tour needs. Many upgrades in 2012 including new upgraded bedding and mattresses and 32" flat screen tv's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your AmericInn Lodge & Suites Charlevoix reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Lodge And Suites Charlevoix
- Americinn Lodge & Suites Charlevoix Hotel Charlevoix
- Americinn Hotel Charlevoix