“Food Truck was Just OK” 3 of 5 bubbles

Pigs Eatin' Ribs
Ranked #11 of 52 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham, Michigan
“Food Truck was Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Pigs Eatin' Ribs has one of the six food truck's parked in Traverse City on Front and Wellington. I love brisket and with a name like "Pigs Eatin' Ribs" was expecting a moist, flavor filled sandwich. The brisket was OK, not real tender and was overwhelmed by to much of a bun that was not tasty. The service was great!

• Visited May 2014

Charlevoix, Michigan
“Holy yes!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This food is amazing. Seriously such a gem up here. GREAT BBQ and gourmet food done RIGHT. I couldn't believe the brisket sandwich I got her. Also tasted samples at a wedding expo and they were great!! Hoping to have these guys for our catering. Please stop and try this place out, you will find it absolutely delightful!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Petoskey, Michigan
“This Piggy Was Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I went here with high hopes, but left feeling let down. I had the pulled pork tacos. My friend had the pulled pork sandwich. We ordered beans, slaw, & mac on the side. All the food was cold to luke warm. Mac n cheese was like velveeta with shells. Slaw was vinegar based and not creamy. Beans were the best out of the bunch, but rate average to good. There were sweet pickles on top of my tacos-not my thing. Flour tortillas were cold like they were pulled right out of the fridge. My friend's pulled pork sandwich was better, but rated it average. They do have root beer on draft and Moomers ice cream. I left feeling like I had wasted my calories. They seemed to be more focused on a catering job in the kitchen than the quality of food for their walk up customers. Pork was crunchy like they cooked it too fast. You can't rush good BBQ.

Parma, Ohio
“Don't drive right by and miss it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Only found this place because I was looking for it.So glad I did. Walk up window to order, some outside tables, about it. Ordered a full slab with two sides. Good price. Homemade sides and the ribs in the top three best I have had. If you love ribs, don't miss this place.

Visited September 2013
Midland, Michigan
“Excellent pulled pork and brisket sandwiches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

A small building with walk-up service and picnic tables. Everything we had was excellent - the sandwiches, the homemade potato chips (seasoned with salt only), the pickles and the ginger ale and draft root beer. The root beer was rich and creamy, reminiscent of A&W when it was still an independent chain. The prices were reasonable - the sandwiches were a good value at $7, which included the chips and pickles. We will definitely return if in the Charlevoix area.

Visited September 2013