“A relaxing enjoyable cruise on Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunshine Charters Day Tours

Sunshine Charters Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a short cruise around the south side of Round Lake while viewing amazing homes and boathouses on our way out to Lake Charlevoix where we pop the sails. After sailing Lake Charlevoix, take a break with a quick swim before heading back through Round Lake’s north side. Blow the horn to open the bridge as we pass the “mushroom houses,” travel through the channel into Lake Michigan and spend the rest of the trip sailing the Great Lake before returning to the dock.Help raise and trim the sails or take the wheel and feel the exhilaration of steering a 40 ft long, 24ft wide custom offshore sailing catamaran. Whether a short swim off the boat or catching a spectacular sunset, Sunshine Charters will provide a one of a kind experience. Sunshine II is a Coast Guard inspected catamaran built for blue water sailing, ensuring you a safe and smooth ride on her spacious open deck. Sunshine Charters has over 15 years of providing safe and memorable sailing around Charlevoix the Beautiful!Private charters are available for groups up to 29 passengers. We will customize a sail to meet any group’s needs and itinerary: bridal, company, family, memorial, or friends.Daily Sail Times and Fares: 11:30-1:30-$35, 3:00-5:00-$35, 7:15-Sunset $40.00 -- (Children under 12, $10.00 off) Tickets available at the “Go Sailing” kiosk, of the Charlevoix City Harbor Master’s office, near the big white catamaran. Purchase tickets 15 minutes prior to departure.What to bring: sunscreen, swimsuit, towel, camera, jacket, snacks, alcohol or otherwise (pop & water are FREE)Credit cards accepted (5% discount for cash) 15% gratuity for the crew is anticipated
“A relaxing enjoyable cruise on Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was fortunate to be able to go for a sail last July with Captain Josh and his crew. Best cruise and deal around. Can't wait to sail aboard the Sunshine again soon!!

Visited July 2012

Charlevoix, Michigan, United States
“Highly recommended! Great time again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My experience was once again amazing. I have gone on the sunset cruise several times over the past few years. It is an adventure I look forward to every summer! Last year my wife and I also went on the Sunshine during the Venetian Festival where we went out on Lake Charlevoix to watch the fireworks. It was awesome to have such a great view away from all the crowd. Going sailing is a fun thing to do as a couple, with friends, or even as a group outing. You get to see the beautiful views of Lake Charlevoix and Lake Michigan. The cruises are offered different times throughout the day. I always enjoy the sunset cruise the most, but the daytime cruises are also fun. They let you bring your own food and beverages on the sailboat as well. Josh and Sonja are amazing and you will enjoy your time with them. The prices are very reasonable. Definitely worth it to make this part of your summer plans!

Visited June 2013
“Awesome time, both captain and first mate made the trip very enjoyable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Scenic tour of lake Charlevoix, relaxing and many points of interest including going into lake Michigan.The crew was very knowledgeable of Charlevoix and the many beautiful homes through out the trip.

Visited July 2012
Greenwich, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reliable, Relaxing and Rewarding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My experience was the best and it was totally because of the wonderful people that captain this beautiful boat. They make you feel like you're family and create a relaxing atmosphere that just makes the beautiful ride even more wonderful than you can hope for. Northern Michigan isn't going to stay hidden for long from out-of-staters like me when you have such great beauty in the surroundings and the personalities of those that live here. I hope Bigtimetraveler101 gets another opportunity to have another amazing cruise because the rest of us certainly are!!

1 Thank EastC0astAdventurer
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful business man!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Went on this cruise last year it was amazing. This year i made a reservation 3 months in advance, showed up no one was there. Had to call the owner, he sent someone else to take us out and that man refused unless we payed more money. Awful way to do business and poor communication, would not deal with them again!

1 Thank Bigtimetraveler101
sunshinecharters, Owner at Sunshine Charters Day Tours, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
I am extremely sorry for the miscommunication. I trust any cruises in the future will be as "amazing" as the first experience. Our policy as is told to each customer before any reservation is we need 4 customers to go out sailing, or pay for the 4 customer minimum. The weather was not favorable on this day and the captain made the decison to shut the boat down after the 3-5pm charter. I made contact with the customer the next day and told them I would take them out in the evening and make up for the miscommunication they had just relayed to me. The customer was happy with our arrangements, I guaranteed a sail for the evening, and the customer thanked me for handling the issue.
Captain Joshua Mack Owner/Operator