“Clean---Great Staff!!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Davison, Michigan
“Clean---Great Staff!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The edgewater Inn is the best place to stay in Charlevoix, MI. I have stayed several times and I am also getting married August of 2012-- The staff has been wonderful about booking rooms for our guests and everytime we call to see how many rooms we have left they are so NICE! and we have called alot =) They have a wonderful Bistro that is attached to the edge water and its DELICIOUS! ---Good amount of food and not too pricey!!! During the winter and Spring months its pretty easy to get in, but we've been told to make reservations weeks prior during the Summer months. Charlevoix is a beautiful place and edge water makes it even better!!! you wil not regret staying here!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank McKenzie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Great White North
Reviewed March 2, 2012

And still pretty good. It's located smack on the drawbridge. Even though in February, even in the winter of '11-'12, there are not a lot of boats going in and out of the harbor, the bridge still gives off a lot of noise from the traffic. The bedroom is in the back of the condo unit you are renting, so it's pretty quiet, but i'm a light sleeper and it is noticeable back there, and as for being on the sleep sofa, we didn't use it but it would have to be noisier out there. Would not make me not stay here, just be advised. It's not bad, it just isn't "white noise" either.

The room is great, very well appointed, the little kitchen we didn;t use so we didn;t check it out fully, ask if you are thinking about this hotel, it appears to be an excellent feature. The amenities are ok, but it was a killer to get the shampoo and lotion out their respective 'too hard' bottles; however, these bottles could go onto the Space Shuttle or down to visit the Titanic, they would not break.

All-in-all, a super place we'll stay in again.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the bridge as is possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But do stay here.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank essexofwessex
Attica, Michigan
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We had a great suite with a fireplace that overlooked the bay area. The staff was excellent and the restaurant had outstanding food with a wild menu. The head chef is a little rough on the staff, but can design some great dishes. The room was extremely clean and well decorated, it is actually someones condo. Real cozy for a winter trip, ask for room #224. Funtimes and inexpensive.

Room Tip: #224 was great looking, dark woods, warm fireplace, nice kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rick i
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We've stayed at the Edgewater 5 times and each visit we've enjoyed our stay. Keep in mind, the rooms/condos are individually owned so there is a huge difference in the quality and amenities in each room. On our last visit we stayed in room 233 which is very outdated. I would guess the kitchen cabinets and appliances are the originals that were installed when it opened. Time to upgrade folks. I didn't give a negative review overall because our friends stayed in rooms 232, 231, and 227 which are all very nice. Each of these rooms had updated appliances, flat screen TV's, nice flooring, and overall new look and feel. I highly recommend that you request rooms 232, 231 or 227 when you make your reservation. You won't be disappointed!!!

• Stayed December 2011
5 Thank Bigspartanfan93
West Bloomfield
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I travel often for business and have found that the Edgewater Inn is the perfect location to stay. I will be bringing my family back with me next time! With all of the rooms being condos worked out really well. It's a home away from home. All the rooms have an amazing view of the harbor right downtown! It's SO Relaxing!!
I was able to pretty much walk to everywhere I needed to go.
The staff were very friendly and helped me with directions and I enjoyed learning about Charlevoix and the surrounding area!
Also was nice to hang down at the pool and see the water. Very nice!
Plus very reasonable rates for what you get!
Can't wait to come again!

Room Tip: They have different styles of rooms. I had a one bedroom with a fireplace. I believe on the third fl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Cj W
Charlevoix, Michigan
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was the second time I've stayed here and was able to secure the condominium suite I had stayed in on my previous visit last year. This time we stayed three nights during Charlevoix's Venetian Festival. It was the perfect spot for watching boaters, the lighted boat parade and two nights of fireworks from our balcony. The hotel is run efficiently and housekeeping staff is very competent. We had friends from California join us, and they couldn't have been happier with our condo and its location. I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mary Ann B
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed for 2 nights at the Edgewater Inn. Our suite was awesome. The view of the Harbor was great. The only reason that I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is the pool. When we went down to see the pool it was completely torn apart. I had planned on working on my tan at the pool and this was a major factor when I booked our stay. When I mentioned my disappointment about the pool, I was told that it should have been finished the first of May, but there were problems. I feel that the property manager should have been able to have the pool up and running. When, I returned home from vacation, there was a message on my answering machine informing me that the pool was closed.
Charlevoix is a nice little town with quite a few interesting things to do.
I would recommend staying at the Edgewater Inn with the caveat that you should check that the pool is operational when you still have time to cancel your reservation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mamamulk2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Stafford's Perry Hotel
Stafford's Perry Hotel
#2 of 15 in Petoskey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey

Been to The Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!