“Great Food, Great View, Huge Portions!”

Kelsey's Lakeside Grille
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Located next to Ferry beach and the public boat launch, Kelsey's Lakeside Grille is known as a local favorite. Enjoy great food and beverages in a family oriented environment with a view of Lake Michigan.
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The onion rings were delicious and HUGE! I ordered a half portion of nachos and it fed 3 of us PLUS had leftovers! The food was delicious, the view was excellent, and the portions were huge!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My family have been Summer visitors to Charlevoix for many, many years, and despite always staying at our house on the Belvedere, I had never found myself at Kelsey B's just down the road. The location is very nice, overlooking the lake and the boat yard, by one of the town parks. We sat in the screened porch area and it was a very pleasant place to spend lunchtime.

The food was fine but not exciting or noteworthy. When we asked questions about the menu, the waitress kept telling us she usually worked in the evening so had to go find the answers. (For example, at lunchtime, you can order the dinner entrees, but they come with french fries instead of mashed potato - no mash at lunch!) We also queried the bill as we had asked to substitute onion rings for french fries, the latter being included in the meal, and were charged $6 i.e. it wasn't a substitution, you were simply asked to pay for a side order. There were 4 onion rings in the portion and they were very average. Eventually after querying it, they reduced the substitution charge to $3.

So, don't go out of your way to come here for the food, but it's a beautiful place to sit and have a drink or a meal.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Absolutely LOVED Kelsey B's. The best - and most reasonably priced - fajitas ever. Tender steak, crisp onions and peppers, and all the normal fixins. Would have loved to try their yummy sounding deserts, but had no room.
Cheerful, efficient service and pleasant setting on porch with view of Lake Charlevoix. Nice walk through park and beautiful residential area of Belvedere after dinner.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were looking for a new place to eat in Charlevoix, one of the locals suggested Kelsey B’s. We went for a late lunch; we were greeted immediately and were seated on the porch, what a view. Our waitress was very helpful, my wife ordered ½ a sandwich and soup, I ordered the nachos. The food was average at best, the grilled cheese was burnt, the soup was good, and my nachos were just average. In summing up our visit, very helpful staff, reasonable priced average food. The view and the atmosphere were worth the trip. I would probably return just for the view.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

A couple of local people recommended this restaurant located off the main drag in Charlevoix. Both my husband and I had the Black and Bleu Burger and it was the best burger we!ve had in a long time. Prices are very reasonable and wait staff friendly.