“Fun times!”
Review of Whitney's of Charlevoix - CLOSED

Whitney's of Charlevoix
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whitney's is committed to serving fresh,simple,good food in a fun relaxed atmosphere!You won't find any deep fryers here!
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This place has a great view of Round Lake and "downtown" Charlevoix from its second and third floor. The food is good and the servers are really friendly. They work REALLY hard to carry food from the first to the third floor! A great place!

vbwhitney, Owner at Whitney's of Charlevoix, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Yes, I would agree with you Whitney's is fun! Thank you for noticing. Our staff is fun and our customers are fun! Kudos to you for noticing!!
Virginia(Gina) Whitney
Owner

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I always get the locals suggestions on restaurants.
And once again, we were pretty happy with the choice.

Only a few minor things that can be worked on.
We didn't get the warm welcome we expected that the locals were talking about.
We had kids and we were given a table right in the middle of the restaurant where it was just awkward, next to the bar, we had 4 kids with us from age 3-12.
Also when you have kids you just want to sit away from everyone who wants a quiet dinner.
Later, we found out there were plenty of room on the second floor.
The receptionist was tall and stunning but she needs a little training on how to use her charm and beautiful smile.
We are Filipinos and we are use to a hospitable treatment. We always come in with a smile and if that's not reciprocated, we take it at heart.
Our waitress was great, she knows her menu pretty well, but forgot the how to's of serving and tablesetting. We were a party of 8 and only got 4 place settings.
When I asked the receptionist for more settings she said, " Oh you need more? How many?"
Maybe counting the place setting and counting her guests before she seats them would help to tell her how many more we needed.
There's 8 of us and we got 1 tiny basket of bread, I believe there were 2 pieces of the 6 inch bread in the basket. An inch and a half per person maybe? ;)
It was a busy week last week, but everyone should be able to work under pressure and no excuses on forgetting the how to's of great service, you need to give guests a reason to come back, and a reason to tell their friends to visit too.

Kudos to the Chef, everyone was happy with the dish they ordered.
The food was great. I especially loved my Clam Linguini with White Wine Lemon Sauce, tomato and onion.

I gave you a good review on my blog, I just hope you can work a bit more on your service especially with guests from different cutures.
We will definitely come back next year.

vbwhitney, Owner at Whitney's of Charlevoix, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for alerting me to the problems you had while dining at Whitney's. I will address your concerns with my staff and correct them. Thank goodness for people like you that take the time to write reviews. If I don't know we can't improve.
All the Best to you and your family,
Virginia (Gina) Whitney

Reviewed July 24, 2012

The food was freshly prepared and delicious. The staff was friendly and service fantastic. We only enjoy freshly prepared food and excellent service and Whitney's has both. We will return when in Charlevoix .

I am glad you enjoyed Whitney's. It is customers like you that make our day.I would enjoy talking to you the next time you are in Whitney's. Please alert the staff that I want to chat with you the next time you are in the restaurant.
All the Best,
Virginia (Gina) Whitney

Reviewed July 14, 2012

We visit Charlevoix every summer and always spend a few evenings at Whitney's. The staff treats you like family and the atmosphere is relaxed and fun. The upstairs is our favorite spot.

vbwhitney, Owner at Whitney's of Charlevoix, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I agree I have a great staff! They amaze me everyday with how much they care about their customers. Please let me know the next time you are in Whitney's so that I may thank you in person.

All the Best,
Gina Whitney

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Enjoyed the view of the harbor with my husband while eating fish tacos. Loved it! Service was good. The restaurant has been recently freshened up. We'll definitely be back.

Thank you for your nice review of Whitney's! It is customers like you that keep us in business!

Best Regards,