“Overrated”

The Bistro at Charlevoix Country Club
Cuisines: Sushi, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bistro at Charlevoix Country Club is where quality food and excellent service make a northern Michigan favorite restaurant. Join us for a dining experience featuring our unique hand-crafted mahogany bar, the open-timbered vaulted ceilings and our 30 ft. Stone fireplace. You will also enjoy a relaxing dinner on our covered portico overlooking our spectacular views of Heatherwoods Golf Course at Charlevoix Country Club. Enjoy delicious farm to table focusing on local organic food.
Canada
“Overrated”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having arrived rather late in the day and as we were staying at the Edgwater suites, we decided to have dinner at the Edgwater bistro.
We placed our order and our waitress got our order wrong or, as she claimed the cook in the kitchen made the decision to send me the soup I had not ordered as the one I had was finished. The decision was taken out of my hands!!!!!
The main course arrived and whilst not bad it was rather bland without any seasoning. I'm not sure if all this happened because we are late eaters, arriving at 7.30pm to dine and, we were also the last to depart the bistro. However, it is rather disconcerting when staff begin to clean and clear up whilst one is still eating ones main course!!!
Needless to say we did not repeat the experience for the rest of our stay in Charlevoix and it is highly unlikely that we will when next we return even if we stay at the Edgwater!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Firefly47

“Wonderful food preperation and great entertainment”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We dined at the Bistro on a Friday night. Too many specials to remember. I would have liked to have tried them all. My husband said the scallops were the best he ever had and he is very picky. I chose the perch piccata. It was fantastic. The seasoning was perfect and the artichokes were tender and tasty. The warm bread was irresistable. (I really tried, however my taste buds won.) Each entree came with 3 sides. There was a young lady performer singing songs from the 70's and 80's. She was awesome and added so much to our dining experience.The restaurant filled up early. We arrived about 5:30 pm and before long the place was full. Since this is off season, I assume they were mostly locals taking advantage of a great dining venue.

Visited October 2012
“Great food and service”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Stopped there for lunch with my husband: Great service and the food was excellent. Had a table by the water. Would definitely go back. Pam

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Very disappointing experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Wow! A seat at the bar was supposed to be ready in 30 minutes-no problem. As a business traveller, it should be easy to find a single seat at some point, or at least I thought.

I went across the street and had a drink. I walked back over and I was told 10 more minutes. After over an hour, no seat and the kitchen was behind, so a take-out order was not available for me. Well, 90 minutes later, my take out order and I were out the door, minus silverware or butter.

I will never, ever go back. Bad advice by an inexperienced staff member can ruin a working person's nice evening in a pretty small town. Take heed.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TravellinGirl42256
Nowheresville, MI
“Almost but not quite there yet”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

REALLY wanted to like this place based on the reviews but the food was just OK and service was spotty. To be fair, my filet mignon was very good . . . . but everything else was average or below - salads, bread, entrees and side dishes. I really expected a lot more at the prices that were listed but hey, that's just me. If your standards for quality are based on the average price per entree, then you will not be disappointed. For the money, there are better places in town (hint Terry's).

• Visited September 2012