Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
The Edgewater Inn(Charlevoix)
Courtside Motel(Charlevoix)
Charleboyne Motel(Charlevoix)
View Hotel
All reviewslake michiganjacuzzi roomcontinental breakfastoatmealwithin walking distanceround lakewatch the sunsetwaffle makerdowntown shopslabor dayqueen bedfireplacegrouponmicrowavepierdrawbridgesink
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Weathervane received a lot of great comments, so were were eagerly anticipating our weekend here while in town for a wedding. The pictures displayed a quaint Inn. Drive past the office area and you'll discover it's a motel. The kids were slightly disappointed, as were we, but we could not let it show. I had asked for an additional bed as we were bringing 3 children. It was not set up in our space when arrived, so I had to go back to the office to get it. I was handed a bag and some linens to take back to the room so we could set up the bed ourselves. The carpet was not very clean, and the kids' white socks had dirty bottoms after only one hour of hanging out in the room. Upon our return to the site in the evening, we discovered many little ants had made their way to the closet area. We were too exhausted to worry about reporting it that night. While the kids may have slept well, I slept terribly. The beds are extremely hard, and my hip and shoulder were very sore the next morning. The lack of sleep made the long drive the next day extra long. The breakfast area was adequate. The kids enjoyed making waffles. The cereal, bagels in baggies, and fresh fruit were standard fare, but nothing to get excited about. The location to the channel and the beach was convenient, so we spent some quiet time walking around in the morning. Being the off-season still, no boats were in the channel and everything was pretty quiet. It was an okay experience, but we certainly have had better. I'm grateful our stay was just one night; I probably would not choose this facility again if we had to stay in the area again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie H
Irene H, General Manager at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Julie H,

I am so sorry that the air mattress was not set up for you when you arrived. I wish that you would be able to see the rooms with the new carpeting that we are installing this month. The rooms were in need of new carpeting and we are addressing that. The mattresses are new as of about a year ago. We purchase firm mattresses as they are the most popular type of mattress for our guests. I am sorry you did not find the mattress comfortable. I hope that you enjoyed your time in Charlevoix and that you will come and visit again.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I went here on a Groupon and had a lovely Jacuzzi room. It was very clean and inviting with an extra seating area. We watched the sunset over Lake Michigan from our room. The "continental' breakfast was much more than cereal and toast. We will go back!

Dear Mary V,

Thank you for your great review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. We hope that all of our guests would be able to enjoy their stay with us as you did. The Jacuzzi rooms are great rooms with the king bed and electric fireplace. We have also added more items to our continental breakfast so that it now includes hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and more toppings for the waffles and oatmeal. I am also glad that you were able to take in a sunset from your balcony. We are so close to Lake Michigan that many guests walk down to also watch it from beach. I hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I purchased Groupon and we were very happy when we got there.
This is alovely town and you can walk every where or rent bikes and have fun.
This inn suite is wonderful we had the jacuzzi room very nice. Then you could also
Go to the hot tub on the 3rd floor which was perfect.
Charleviox is beautiful, recommendation to visit!

Room Tip: View of Lake Michigan jacuzzi rooms Breakfast nice but no restaurant in house No work out room
2  Thank Radar2013

Dear Radar2013,

Thank you for such a great review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. We are glad that you purchased your Groupon for us and that while you were here you were able to enjoy Charlevoix. Charlevoix is a great town and our downtown location is so convenient to walk (or bike) to local restaurants and pubs. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My hubby and I were there for the weekend getting married at Castle Farms. We enjoyed our room and the continental breakfast was wonderful! Our only complaint was when we returned from our reception there was NO parking. That's my only reason for this not receiving 5 stars.

Room Tip: Our suite had a beautiful view! Fully stocked room.

Dear Amber H,

Thank you for your review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. Congratulations on your wedding. Castle Farms is a beautiful wedding location in Charlevoix. I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and also sorry that you did not find parking in our parking lot. I hope that you did find parking on either Pine River Lane or Dixon Avenue. Both streets are on either side of our hotel and usually have open parking on them. I hope that you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the office season with a groupon where we got the suite. There was not much to do in town, but we had a good time at the hot tub! The breakfast the next morning was great as well. It was fun overall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ellen P
Irene H, General Manager at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear Ellen P

Thank you for your review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. We enjoy all reviews, and especially take note of reviews from Tripadvisor Senior Contributors. . I am glad that Groupon caused you to visit the Weathervane and be able to enjoy the many amenities that we have. It sounds like the hot tub helped you have the perfect get-away. I hope that you will visit us again.