“Wedding week-end”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Fenton, MI
“Wedding week-end”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a family wedding, and stayed two nights in this hotel. Our room was a jacuzzi suite, balcony overlooking Lake Michigan and electric fireplace for ambiance. We were very pleased with everything, a continental breakfast was included and the price was exceptional for our room. We are thinking of returning for a biking vacation next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Irene H, Manager at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear RRBFenton,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I am glad that you enjoyed your room while here for a wedding. The Jacuzzi rooms are nice with the electric fireplace, and we do have suites that have actual wood burning fireplaces. I hope that you do get a chance to come back for a biking vacation. There is a great 25 mile trail (a lot of it along Lake Michigan) that runs from Charlevoix to Harbor Springs. You can park your car at the hotel and bike right from here to connect to the tail.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
office
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed September 27 at the Weathervane Terrace using a Groupon, and had a Lake Michigan Suite....nice size living room with small kitchen, and a huge bedroom with fireplace. Great view of Lake Michigan from the balcony. Very clean!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thomas P, General Manager at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear 1cabin,

Thank you for your wonderful Tripadvisor review of our property. The Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites is in a wonderful location in Charlevoix. The ability to walk from the hotel to the beach on Lake Michigan or to the downtown shopping and restaurants area is wonderful for your getaway. Just park your car and stole around town. We hope that you come back and stay with us again.
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Overall the room was nice but the pull out bed in the sites is the most uncomfortable sofa bed I have ever encountered in my life. I particularly inquired about the pull out since a previous review had remarked how terrible they were. The clerk at the front desk assured me the beds were all new and had been purchased in May. Well, they may be new but they are terrible. They won't get into anything resembling a flat configuration. We were in a suite 56 and the previous review was about suite 40. Maybe we were just unlucky but I wouldn't count on it. Bottomline, don't count on the pullout sofa beds in the suites.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Traveler2281969

Thank you for staying with us, for your TripAdvisor review, and for such high marks on the cleanliness and location of our hotel. The sofa and chair were purchased new in May and I am sorry that the hide-a-bed was not acceptable to you. We do have rooms that have two queen or two double beds in them. I hope that on your next trip to Charlevoix you visit us again and, if you would like, try one of our rooms without a hide-a-bed. Our hotel has a number of different types of rooms to choose from and we would love to help you find one that you will enjoy.
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in room 40 - Michigan Suite - had a great view of Lake Michigan from the balcony. The suite had a fireplace, fridge, microwave, two burners, DVD player. Bathroom was small but functional. Sleeping on the pull-out couch was very uncomfortable because the springs could be felt through the mattress. Breakfast was disappointing - the waffles were not cooked thoroughly, and only cereals, bread items and fruit were available. For the second morning, we went to Flap Jack Family Restaurant on Carpenter Street and had an excellent breakfast at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Some rooms face the canal. The rooms with a view of Lake Michigan are the most desirable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Nancy1122,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review of our property. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and your view toward Lake Michigan. Our continental breakfast is not a full breakfast. We have cereal, bagels, english muffins, coffee cake, mini muffins,coffee, juice, fruit, oatmeal, and you can make your own waffles. Our waffle makers have timers on them so that you can check the waffle to see if it is done or if they need more time. We have a number of very good restaurants in Charlevoix that serve a full breakfast and I am glad you found one that you enjoyed. The sofa and chair in the room are new and were installed in May of this year but I am sorry that the hide-a-bed was not comfortable. We do have rooms that are not suites that have two double or two queen beds. I hope that you will come and stay with us again on your next trip to Charlevoix.
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from a weekend wedding in Charlevoix and most of our family and friends stayed at Weathervane. What a location! All of the employees were very efficient and helpful (Morgan called our phone as soon as the rooms were available), and another employee, Sherry, moved some of our rooms closer prior to our arrival. There is so much to do around here, and staying at Weathervane Terrace is a great place to start. Once you are there, you can easily walk to everything. Nice, easy continental breakfast in the morning, and microwaves and fridges in the rooms.

Room Tip: Some of the second floor rooms are accessible via a winding turret with stairs, so ask for 1st floor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thomas P, Owner at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Ivgal61,

I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful weekend in “Charlevoix the Beautiful”. Our location in Charlevoix does help to easily access the downtown area shops and restaurants. I am also glad to hear that you were treated so well by our staff and enjoyed your room. I hope that you will return again on your next vacation in Charlevoix.
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed at the Weathercane Terrace Inn and Suites for our 1 year anniversary with my husband. We paid $89.00 per night with a Groupon Deal. I called to check for availability for the Michigan Jacuzzi Suite and the woman on the phone was very helpful! I ordered my Groupons and called back to select the room I wanted for the dates I wanted.

I hadn't done much research into the area before arriving. When we arrived it was dark and I asked the woman who checked us in what there was to do in the area. She gave us lots of information for us to ponder over.

I was surprised at first because I thought it had more of a hotel look with a motel feel. All of the enterances to the rooms are outside. For the Michigan Suites the doors are protected by glass walls/glass sliding doors so it did feel more like a hallway.

Once we entered the room we were so surprised!! We had a comfortable bed, a tiny kitchen area, an electric fireplace, flat screen tv, couch/coffee table/sitting area, big jacuzzi, large bathroom with a tiny shower, and an outside porch slightly facing Lake Michigan with patio furnature.

The following morning we headed to breakfast: cereal, oj, milk, tea, coffee, waffles, bagles, apples, bananas, oatmeal, toast, peanut butter, jelly, etc. I will say that I was a little disappointed they didn't have any eggs or sausage. By the 3rd day, I didn't want a bagle for breakfast anymore. The breakfast area is right next to the heated pool and it overlooks the harbor area. I was excited to see the drawbridge go up and to watch a boat pass right next to the hotel to get out to Lake Michigan.

The groundskeeper is a man with a lot of information! All week we saw him talking to guests and giving everyone lots of information. He was more than helpful and gave us a lot of great tips of where to visit and cool things to see.

Everyone at the hotel was more than accomodating and that's why I have them a 5 out of 5! The only thing I wish had been a little different was some meat/protein at breakfast. Otherwise, everything was beautiful and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when we go back!!

Room Tip: Ask for a Michigan Jacuzzi Suite on the side closest to Lake Michigan!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HeatherG,

Thank you for staying at the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites and for such a wonderful review of TripAdvisor. I am always happy to hear from our new guests and hope that you will be able to visit us again. Our employees are a great asset to our hotel. They are very informative and really enjoy talking to the guests to see what interests them so that they can let them know all the great attractions in the area.
Longwood, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Weathervane Terrace & Suites has been a mainstay property in Charlevoix and a jewel in that offers incredible hospitality for as long as I can remember. Rooms are current and comfortable. The Staff is most accomodating and the consistency at a level that one might expect with a more high profile chain property. Location to Lake Michigan and the downtown area of Charlevoix is an easy 5 minute walk.

Room Tip: An Entire Wing of Rooms on the North side of the property face Lake Michigan. Rooms on the South sid...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear RPhTraveler,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. We try to keep our rooms current. We just replaced the artwork in all of our rooms, and put new sofas and chairs in all of our suites and Jacuzzi rooms. I am glad that you noticed our efforts. Charlevoix is a wonderful vacation spot and we are fortunate to be right in its heart. There are so many things to see and do just walking distance from the hotel. Your room tip information is also very helpful travelers looking to stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Stafford's Perry Hotel
Stafford's Perry Hotel
#2 of 15 in Petoskey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey

Been to Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!