All reviews angel room granola beach room front porch family style in town beautiful walk blueberry pancakes royal oak walking distance to restaurants b bs private bathroom home away from home gracious hosts other guests lake michigan friendly place
Reviewed August 17, 2017

My wife and I were in Charlevoix for a wedding and stayed at the MacDougall House with Armand and Michelle just for one night on August 5-6. The physical home is easy to describe: It’s a 120 year-old house, with all the ‘charms’ that come with a historical house that hasn’t been ‘updated’ to 2017 stylings. We stayed in the Angel room. It had everything anyone would need as an accommodation.

The part that is atypical for me to write in a B&B review: We felt an immense sense of love - I mean their home is the essence of love. The ‘energy’ in that house is love, and it’s just a natural thing. They don’t “try” to make their guests feel welcome, this is just their natural environment – so welcoming - even by the Rocky the dog and Killer the cat! Both lovely too! For some people, arriving at a B&B – someone’s private home where you’ll be sleeping – can be awkward. Not here. I honestly felt like I was visiting cherished loved ones.

I had meaningful, substantive conversation with Armand. Michelle prepared an amazing breakfast feast, and Armand served us as a loving father would. Their hospitality is deep, genuine and transparent.

The next time we have to stay in Charlevoix, we will be staying with them. And it wouldn’t be out of the question to make another trip to Charlevoix just to visit them again, hehe. And no, I’m not a paid advertiser :)

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Armand C, Owner at MacDougall House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the warm and touching review, it sounds like it was written by my mom! Tee tee! But it can't be, mom passed away some thirty years ago! You seem to have tapped in to our hearts and how we feel about our guests.

Thank you again and may God continue to bless you now and always.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

I chose to stay at the MacDougall Bed and Breakfast for two reasons. First, it was close to the home my family had rented. Second, it had high ratings on Trip Advisor. I was not disappointed.

I was warmly welcomed by Michelle and Armand. I had reserved the Harbor Room which was ready for me when I arrived. It was charming as if I were a guest in a family home. The washroom was conveniently located just outside my bedroom. A privacy screen was placed in the hall as the room was located across from the home's entrance.

Delicious coffee was ready each morning by 7:00 in the morning. Perfect! I could enjoy a cup before dressing for the day. A full breakfast was served each morning between 8:30-9:00. We always knew ahead. Michelle accommodated early day plans. A "To Go" breakfast was available for those leaving earlier. It was so nice to meet and speak with other guests during our family style meal. We enjoyed having Michelle and Armand join when they could.

I was a solo guest at MacDougall's for four nights. I enjoyed getting to know the Collier's....wonderful hosts! I hope to stay again in the future.

Annette Mc.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Armand C, Owner at MacDougall House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2017

Dear Annette,

Thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle and I appreciate knowing that we help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable, that is our goal!

May God bless you and keep you safe and well always.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

We spent two nights at this bed and breakfasts and what a great experience ! Michelle and Armand were wonderful hosts with helpful advice on places to see and visit . Both breakfasts were amazing and Michelle outdid herself with her culinary skills. We highly recommend this B & B
If you are visiting Charlevoix . The only downfall to this beautiful home was the traffic noise but the location was walking distance to town so that was a plus . All in all a wonderful experience !

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pel-rose

Dear Rose,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, it truly warms our heart to know that we help make your vacation a pleasant experience, that is our goal.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

My wife & I had the pleasure of enjoying two night here last week. The moment we arrived we were greeted by Michelle & Armand & made to feel welcome! The room was nice, the breakfast was EXCELLENT, but perhaps most importantly, we were made to feel at home whether we were conversing at the breakfast table, or sitting out on the front porch. When Michelle & Armand tell you they truly enjoy this, well, it shows! We have stayed at many B&B over the years, & the MacDougall House is certainly at the top of the list!!! Looking forward to coming back next summer!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your kind words and wonderful reviews, you are right when you say that Michelle and I enjoy our work, nothing please us more than knowing that we helped make your stay a memorable occasion.

We look forward to seeing you and Sue time and time again.

Reviewed August 4, 2017

We really loved this house, with its gorgeous flowers, charming hosts, excellent food, and cozy room--very clean and comfortable, with good wifi and TV, and walking distance to all the shops, restaurants, parks, and lake. Hint: ask for a room that's away from the street!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Armand C, Owner at MacDougall House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2017

Hi Nancy,

Thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle and I truly appreciate knowing that we took a small part in making someone's vacation a pleasant experience.

May God bless you now and always.