Maldron Hotel Wexford
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$185
$167
$162
Travelocity
  • Pool
Riverbank House Hotel(Wexford)(Great Value!)
$141
  • Pool
Ashfield House(Killinick)
Hotel Rosslare(Rosslare)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewskids clubcrazy golfleisure centrequality hotelfamily roomgames roomswimming poolbar foodgreat facilitiesgirl on receptiongreat for kidsfamily breakfood was lovelyboth nightssaturday nightgreat weekendroom was spotless
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2014

great facilities - fantastic staff nothing was to much trouble for them. nice to meet local people who may you feel welcome.

rooms are spacious and plenty of extra linen and towels available.

good entertainment at the weekend

Room Tip: all the rooms spacious - however corridor leading to swimming pool can sometimes be noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank colin b
csharkey, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Colin B,

Thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed the facilities, food and more importantly that my team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Good Morning
I have been a member of club Vita in the Maldron hotel for about 7 years now and am very happy with the pricing ,the gym equipment ,pool area and the professional attitude of the staff .
This evening I have to shine the spotlight on none other than Lisa Booth and the way she returned my weight lifting belt with zeal and great endeavour
You see my rather expensive belt went missing over a week ago and despite uprooting my house ,stalking my two dogs, Diving into a bottomless well ,fighting my way through saws ,tools and compressors in my shed ,carrying out controlled explosions on my car and digging up my garden I found no sign of it .....I was ready to quit
Then in an eureka moment I decided to ask Lisa in reception ,I knew by that broad smile my miracle was about to happen
Lisa pulled not only one belt from her top hat but two ,I just had to choose and wisely I did
Now after a week amiss the belt is back with its proud owner
Hope you can join me in giving Lisa 3 cheers for pulling out all the stops in the lost and found
Best regards
Jimi kielthy

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jimirivets

Dear Jimirivets,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of your recent experience in Maldron Hotel and Leisure Club Wexford. I'm glad you found your long lost belt and I'm very grateful for your kind words in regards to the staff member Lisa that assisted you after you uprooting the house. As a Leisure club member for 7 years we look after every member and this really shows it as we have a great team in the Leisure Club.

Yours sincerely,

Catherina Sharkey,

Reviewed February 3, 2014

out for a day in Wexford having a lovely day. Decided to have lunch and look at the Ireland match.Arrived at the maldron just before 3 oclock ordered lunch.Table set drinks got sat waiting 25 minutes later still no food went to the bar to ask what was keeping them .The barman said he would look into it a few minutes later the waitress came to the table said the order did not go into the kitchen.We were told the drinks were free went back to the kitchen few minutes later she came back and told us they did not have what we ordered.We were still told the drinks were free.The only drinks we got were a mineral a glass of milk and a glass of water.So we got up and left.Janet

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank janet d
csharkey, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Wexford, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Janet D,

My sincere apologies, the level of service you received recently in Maldron Hotel was certainly not acceptable and most unusual from the normally excellent team we have working in the Bar, certainly a very bad day from our end!

I have discussed your comments with the service team in the Bar and with our Head Chef and his team today, who assure me that they will do their utmost to keep up the high standards we are renowned for over the years. We pride ourselves in maintaining a very high standard at all times, this was certainly not the case with your visit.

We regret that we did not live up to your expectations and at this stage can only ask you to accept our sincere apology. Please contact me personally on your next visit and I will assure you of my personal care and attention.

kind regards,

Catherina Sharkey,

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Can't really complain too much for the price paid. An average hotel though in all areas.
Bed was fairly hard, the single bed in our room was far softer than the double.
Breakfast was only ok, waited to be seated for 5 mins with nobody visible so seated ourselves, the second i approached the food i was nearly pounced on for my room number.
Didn't have much dealings with staff only checking in and out, a friendly bar man that gave me a pint of blackcurrant for nothing on my way to bed after we'd gotten in that night. Ate in Wexford so can't comment on food other than breakfast.

Ask for a room on the other side if possible.

Room Tip: No air con in room, was very warm, opened the windows to the noise of the N11 which only quietened down about 2am. Ask for a room on the other side if possible.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Niall M

Dear Niall M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay in the Maldron Hotel. I greatly appreciate all the feedback I get from our guests as I believe it can help us become better at what we do. I’m sorry your stay wasn’t as enjoyable as it should have been. Obviously you were disappointed with many aspects of your stay and I would like to apologize for any frustration we caused you. I believe we offer a good and consistent 3 star standard at a very reasonable price and I think the vast majority of our guests would agree with that but in this instance we let ourselves down.
I did want to acknowledge your comments all the same as your opinion is important to me and I do think we can learn something from your experiences.

kind regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

The hotel claims internet in the rooms but although showing as available on my computer I could only connect in the reception area. The staff appear unaware if the flaky nature of the connectivity hence the reason for this review.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Icaruspt,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as with regarding our Internet in was down in the local area and it took a few days to come back to us in the Hotel. I am delighted to inform you that it is back running stronger than every. I have discuss with our hotel staff as to always explain to the guests when we know the reasons.

I do hope you will stay with us again when business permits.

kind regards