“New name. New owner. Boathouse”

The Boathouse Bar and Grill
Ranked #8 of 16 Restaurants in Caseville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“New name. New owner. Boathouse”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Wrote a prior review, now that there is a new decor and new owners decided to try it again. I have too say the experience was plesent. We arrived close to grill shutdown that evening but they accommodated us with a smile. I had the fish sandwich and the French onion soup. We will be back to write another review when the new name "Boathouse" is listed on tripadvisor.

• Visited August 2013

Port Hope, Michigan
“Port Elizabeth Grill”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Have had lunch there twice nothing special, I have had friends tell me dinner is good, but my experieince is average.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Pretty to look at, but short on taste”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have tried to like the Port Elizabeth Grille several times. It is a pretty building in a great location, but the food is always too bland and service is too slow. Thumbs up for the Hamburgers at Cheeseburger Fest!

Visited August 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“No service”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We sat there for 10 minutes without anyone asking if they could help us...we finally left and went across the street

Visited August 2012
Davisburg, Michigan
“Absolutely Average Dining Experience”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

It looks like the nicest place in town, and it may be, but the food is absolutely average. I've said this before: nothing to complain about, but i would not return. I had a salad with shrimp on the side - and everything was rather just okay. My husband had the same sentiment about his Prime Rib and broccoli - bland. Just okay. The decor felt a bit stale - kind of like sitting in your great aunt's living room. (And it seemed to draw an older crowd)Thankfully, they didn't gouge you with the price. Some of the crotchety diners were complaining a bit too loudly about the untrained wait staff - but I found them to be eager to please and very nice. On the upside, it wasn't a grungy bar food dinner - which seemed to be our other choices in Caseville.

• Visited July 2012