“One of the worst”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caseville
Bella Vista Inn and Sunset Bay Resort
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have traveled throughout the world and I would say the Bella Vista is the second worst place I have ever stayed. After reading some of the comments from previous guests, I called the motel twice to discuss if this was the right place for me. I was assured the reviews were related to one weekend of bad weather, not anything to do with the condition of the motel. In the end, we ended up in a filty room, wallpaer pealing off the walls, drawers that wouldn't open, dirty floors, and burned out light bulbs. I went to the front desk to request an "upgrade" only to be offered a "suite". It, too, was dirty with six light bulbs burned out. The property is unkept, dirt and a staff that has no idea what service is all about. Poor training and a careless attitude is the norm. I would never recommend this to anyone!

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scott A

Reviewed August 2, 2012

For the price of a luxury suite at a chain hotel we were treated to a cottage furnished with broken chairs and lamps that had nails and wire sticking out. Ant traps everywhere to deal with insect infestation. And air conditioning that did"nt do anything to cool the place but was encrusted with black mold.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tammi P
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The beach was cleaner than the room. The wallpaper was peeling. The chain lock on the door was pulled from the wall. Carpet dirty. The curtains on the windows, did not completely cover the windows, and were see through...ha! What a joke.
The beach was beautiful, but, the beach is beautiful at the county park just down the road, which is free and has free barbeque stands too.
Do yourself a favor, don't pay $95 a night to stay here and regret it. It is awful!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank runawaymom03
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I am a man in his mid 20's that travels a lot with friends just for the sheer joy of it. If I had a family I would not be staying in this dump. I always try and find a place that has a bar in it, because that is what we do, but this bar was like a haven for middle aged divorcees trying to dance to the latest hip hop beats. Check out the rainbow motel closer to town if you want to have some fun. That is not the nicest place by any means but at least you are in the mix of caseville. The Bella Vista is an over priced joke.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank shine1se
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My family booked a double room at the Bella Vista Inn to attend the annual Cheeseburger Festival. We chose this hotel based on the information that was provided on their website (http://www.bella-caseville.com/). It didn't seem too bad considering the limited availability of accommodations in the area during the festival. The room was very dark, and the lighting was a dull yellow so it did not help the situation. The decor was early 80's and there was no seating accept for the bed. The dresser had been removed, probably to add an additional double bed which created a very tight space-and no hangers were provided in absence of the dresser. The bathroom had cobwebs and spiders, the bathroom floor was filthy, and dark as well, no light to see as you take a shower making it a very scary experience given the creepy crawlers! The air conditioning did not cool the small space and was in definite need of a filter change. We all experienced sinus issues the whole time we were there so I'm pretty sure mold was present. The window had a large crack in it and we hoped it would not break while we were staying in the room. The community pool was old and dirty. We wouldn't let the kids swim in it until they cleaned it, cigarette butts covered the sunbathing area, the lounge chairs were old, damaged, and did not work. The restaurant was sub-par and need of an update also (plastic pink flowers adorned the tables-so 80's).

Now, this hotel sits on a great piece of property. There was a small private beach, and a grassy area to bbq and have a fire. If they knocked down the Bella Vista Inn and built a modern hotel they would do a big business. Until then, I will recommend travelers, who prefer modern stays & cleanliness, stay away from the Bella Vista Inn and look to rent a cabin from a private owner in the area.

Room Tip: Ask if there is one that has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank vicariousg
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I along with my parents stayed in a suite on the sunset bay side for my 40th labour day weekend!! The view was amazing the people fantastic, had a great birthday weekend and will be visiting again with the children next time!! The beach was so clean!!!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Just got back from spending a week here during Cheeseburger. My family had an amazing time. I have noticed that reviews on here are either loved it or hated it. I can only attribute this to one word...expectations. One thing I have noticed said repeatedly is the smell. Here's the thing, Caseville uses well water and well water, has a different odor. While the chalet we were in did have a water softener (which helped) but it's still well water. Additionally, this is a small town in the thumb, don't expect the Ritz, you will not find state of the art kitchens or modern furnishings. But what you will get is friendly staff (the girls in housekeeping are friendly and VERY helpful with extra towels and blankets, etc), beautiful sunsets, sandy beaches, and a relaxing environment.

We had no problems with linens etc, being stained or dirty. Throughout the week, the floors got a little sandy, but that was us and to be expected. Additionally, with the hard well water, the glasses and dishes usually had a film on them (again, not the fault of the hotel, just the water up there).

That being said, I do think 2 areas could be improved. Towels, I agree with some of the other reviewers that they are a little rough and probably could be replaced. Not sandpaper (yet) but definitely headed in that direction. Second, while there is WiFi access within 300 feet of the office, it would be nice if they purchased a booster so that it would reach all the units. This is fairly inexpensive and would be a great benefit to those staying there. These 2 things are the only reason I give is a 4 instead of 5.

Room Tip: Chalet 3, while set back behind another chalet still has amazing unobstructed views of the water and...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caseville
Holiday Inn Express Bad Axe
Ameriway Inn and Suites
Ameriway Inn and Suites
#1 of 4 in Bad Axe
Lakeside Motor Lodge
Lakeside Motor Lodge
#5 of 5 in Port Austin

Been to Bella Vista Inn and Sunset Bay Resort? Share your experiences!