“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Chicago, Illinois
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The staff at this motel were incredibly helpful in arranging multiple rooms for family attending a funeral. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was ready to help wherever they could (for example, printing out multiple copies of maps/directions). The breakfast is typical for this type of place (cereal, bagels, danish, etc.), but again, the staff happily brought out more milk when requested (even though the official breakfast time was done 20 minutes prior). The price was excellent, and I would gladly return to this property.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SometimesTraveler51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
madison
Reviewed October 11, 2010

As a blind traveler, I never know what kind of treatment I'll get from hotel front desk personnel. Some treat me well. Others are indifferent, and some have brain lock losing all their common sense. The woman my wife and I dealt with at this facility fit into Category 3. She asked me 3 or 4 times whether I had made the reservation online. I felt like St. Peter denying Jesus. I kept saying no, I hadn't made the reservation online. I had called their facility directly. She kept asking the same question at least 3 or 4 times, and all I could do was give her the same answer. I don't know whether she found the reservation or not, but she finally got around to getting us a room. No blindness issue yet, but I then handed her my state non-driver ID card and credit card so the reservation could be processed. At that point, I waited for her to say something about the reservation and room status. I waited and continued to wait. The clerk said nothing. A couple of minutes later, my sighted wife turned around and, thankfully, noticed the clerk had put my identity information on the desk several inches away from me without saying anything. People were walking in and out of the lobby. Had my wife not seen this, those cards could have been left there for anyone to take. The clerk couldn't understand why this upset us. I received a call from the front desk manager telling me the clerk had been fired. That's well and good in one sense. Poor customer service was punished, but I'm left wondering if other personnel working at this facility understand the need to communicate verbally to a blind person when they are handling important identity information. The front desk manager told me they have other blind people who have stayed there. I hope the experience my wife and I had will ensure they and other blind travelers will be treated better.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gustoeli
lmcollins, General Manager at Days Inn Canton, responded to this review, October 25, 2010
I am truly sorry that your experience at our Days Inn hotel was bad. As the General Manager of this 5 star property, this news also upset me as well, which is why I fired the desk clerk immediately upon my research. She is no longer an employee of our hotel. We strive to make every guest experience a memorable one and our front desk staff is the main reason why we are a 5 star property. I also understand that one bad employee could harm the reputation of our entire hotel, which is why I took immediate action. I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I would also like to let the future guests know that we recently have renovated our entire hotel with new beds, furniture, refrigerators and microwaves. We also offer free wireless access to business travelers. Our front desk staff and housekeepers will make sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable! Thank you.
Wayne, Michigan
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Good housekeeping
Great Location
Weak coffee (But I like it strong)
Front Desk Clerks were very courteous
Wendy's and Gas next door
Bring your bike and dog and go nuts
Highly recommended

Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank GettingOldGreyMan
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2010

There was a swim suit top in the dresser. There was hair stuck in the hair dryer. The light burned out as soon as we got here. There was hair in the bathroom. A dirty soap bar in the tub. And urine on the toilet seat.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank porty_10
pittsburgh
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We reserved the room and requested a roll away bed for the fifth person in our group. Thank goodness my son is a scout and doesn't mind sleeping on the floor because they told us we could not have a roll away bed because of a fire hazard. Ok...we dealt with it but were not happy because we were told upon reserving the room that all was okay for the extra bed. Down size was that the room was very small and hard to fit a fifth person. Then we were given only three towels. We were given a hard time by the desk clerk when we asked for two more towels. The second night we were refused more towels and told that the room only receives three towels. The desk clerk's story changed from one day to the next. I felt like were were lied to during this entire stay and would NEVER recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay at a competitor hotel if you want good accommodations.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank joseph15642
michigan
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Not only did the staff go out of there way to accomadate me, The rooms were beyond my exspectations the bed was so comfortable I thought I was in my own bed at home I also upgraded to a jet tub.( Let me tell you ladies it was wonderful I felt like a new women) . WITH BREAKFAST ON SITE AND FREE NEED I SAY MORE ONE .

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank jetub
Garden City, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2010

I was very pleased with our room. The housekeeper had a note welcoming us there, very nice. The front office girls were all very sweet. Stayed in a smoking room, but you would not have known that, the room smelled great. The bed was so comfy. They have a coffee maker in the room, and the coffee was good. Very quite place. Enjoyed the breakfast. Looking forward to when the pool is open. We sure will be back, and soon.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Fellows Creek Lodge
Fellows Creek Lodge
#7 of 11 in Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton
Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth

Been to Days Inn Canton? Share your experiences!