“Filthy, rude personel and crooks to boot!”
Review of Days Inn Canton

Days Inn Canton
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed April 5, 2011

The room had burnt out lightbulbs, our feet stuck to the grime on the bathroom floor and there was garbage in the sink from a stopped up drain. The kicker is that after I got home there was a $60.00 charge on my credit card that I hadn't authorized. I called and was told the maid said I stole their linens so they had charged me for them. As if I would have any interest in their cheap nasty motel linens - give me a break. They were supposed to talk to this maid and call me back which they never did. Go on up to the motels on Ford Road for a much better deal. Do not waste your money here. The wifi connection was painfully slow also.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank SASColorado

Reviewed February 14, 2011

If any of you have been wondering what the cheapest price, two star hotel on a popular find-out-the-name-after you-book-it website in Canton, Mi. is like, well this is it. Free breakfast is included and features 2 cereals (Rasin bran and Fruit Loops). Also available are bagels with cream cheese, sometimes muffins or pastries. Drinks include regular and Decaf coffee, Orange juice, Milk, Hot Cocoa mix, Tea bags. The breakfast area is a good size, with seating for over 30, and a flatscreen tv.
The room at this rate is small, the bed is a single double size, but is comfortable. The TV works fine, but is the old tube type. The rooms usually have a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. I actually prefer this over some of the three star Courtyard by Mariotts that don't offer free breakfast. (I prefer breakfast over room size and pool availability). The bathrooms seem clean enough, but the tile floors really make my shoes squeek. The soaps and shampoo/ conditioner are in the standard Days Inn tiny bottles (not a dispenser). This Days inn is better than most Motel 6s, Red Roofs, Travelodges, Super 8s, and Econolodges. I'd rate it on par with Ramada, Comfort Inn, La Quinta, or Detroit Airport Metropolitan. Not as good as most Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn, or Fairfield locations.
This location is easy off, easy on at the Mich. Ave exit off 275. Beware the steep curb at the driveway, those driving Corvettes or towing trailers will scrape bottom.
Ikea at Ford road is a quick 5 minute drive north to the next exit.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flintjarvis
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed here recently while down in the Canton/New Boston area. The location is great, very easy access to the interstate for daily commutes and close enough to all the restaurants and shopping without being stuck in a part of town that is super busy. The room is small but comfortable. If you plan on watching a lot of tv while you stay you may be disappointed with the selection of channels, very basic cable only (which was fine with me since I wasn't there much). The staff was very pleasant and helpful. My only negatives would be there weren't really clear walkways to the parking lots from the rooms, the snow is built up pretty good so if you're someone who doesn't care to walk over a small snow/ice mound it's good but might be a hinder to the elderly. Also with it being a motel you obviously enter your room directly from the outside, well since it was/is so cold in Michigan this time of year the eye cards would deactivate themselves and it also did it once when it was just in my wallet with other cards. The staff was very good about 'recharging' them but it was a little annoying. I know this isn't the hotels fault but maybe they could look into a different system as it was inconvenient. All in all I would stay here again, great price too!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CookingGal
Reviewed January 19, 2011

The staff at this motel were incredibly helpful in arranging multiple rooms for family attending a funeral. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The staff was ready to help wherever they could (for example, printing out multiple copies of maps/directions). The breakfast is typical for this type of place (cereal, bagels, danish, etc.), but again, the staff happily brought out more milk when requested (even though the official breakfast time was done 20 minutes prior). The price was excellent, and I would gladly return to this property.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SometimesTraveler51
Reviewed October 11, 2010

As a blind traveler, I never know what kind of treatment I'll get from hotel front desk personnel. Some treat me well. Others are indifferent, and some have brain lock losing all their common sense. The woman my wife and I dealt with at this facility fit into Category 3. She asked me 3 or 4 times whether I had made the reservation online. I felt like St. Peter denying Jesus. I kept saying no, I hadn't made the reservation online. I had called their facility directly. She kept asking the same question at least 3 or 4 times, and all I could do was give her the same answer. I don't know whether she found the reservation or not, but she finally got around to getting us a room. No blindness issue yet, but I then handed her my state non-driver ID card and credit card so the reservation could be processed. At that point, I waited for her to say something about the reservation and room status. I waited and continued to wait. The clerk said nothing. A couple of minutes later, my sighted wife turned around and, thankfully, noticed the clerk had put my identity information on the desk several inches away from me without saying anything. People were walking in and out of the lobby. Had my wife not seen this, those cards could have been left there for anyone to take. The clerk couldn't understand why this upset us. I received a call from the front desk manager telling me the clerk had been fired. That's well and good in one sense. Poor customer service was punished, but I'm left wondering if other personnel working at this facility understand the need to communicate verbally to a blind person when they are handling important identity information. The front desk manager told me they have other blind people who have stayed there. I hope the experience my wife and I had will ensure they and other blind travelers will be treated better.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gustoeli
lmcollins, General Manager at Days Inn Canton, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

I am truly sorry that your experience at our Days Inn hotel was bad. As the General Manager of this 5 star property, this news also upset me as well, which is why I fired the desk clerk immediately upon my research. She is no longer an employee of our hotel. We strive to make every guest experience a memorable one and our front desk staff is the main reason why we are a 5 star property. I also understand that one bad employee could harm the reputation of our entire hotel, which is why I took immediate action. I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I would also like to let the future guests know that we recently have renovated our entire hotel with new beds, furniture, refrigerators and microwaves. We also offer free wireless access to business travelers. Our front desk staff and housekeepers will make sure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable! Thank you.

Reviewed October 6, 2010

Good housekeeping
Great Location
Weak coffee (But I like it strong)
Front Desk Clerks were very courteous
Wendy's and Gas next door
Bring your bike and dog and go nuts
Highly recommended

Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank GettingOldGreyMan
Reviewed September 4, 2010

There was a swim suit top in the dresser. There was hair stuck in the hair dryer. The light burned out as soon as we got here. There was hair in the bathroom. A dirty soap bar in the tub. And urine on the toilet seat.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business