“Not as bad as the negative posts would indicate”

Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed December 28, 2008

I stayed here twice recently and did not experience any major problems.

The hotel is located right off the Ford Road exit from I-275. Be forewarned that this area gets very congested during the morning and afternoon commute hours. IKEA is across the street. In fact, if you keep going on Ford Road, you can find an abundant variety of restaurants, shops, etc. Once again, lots of traffic. The hotel is surrounded on one side by a Comfort Suites, another side by a Motel 6, and the third side by a 24-hour restaurant (Bob Evans I think).

I stayed on the 3rd floor both times. Only the 3rd floor rooms have doors that open to interior corridors. The 1st and 2nd floor rooms have doors that open to the outside. I thought the design a bit odd. In cold weather I would definitely ask for a 3rd floor room.

The personnel were all friendly and willing to be helpful. There was a computer terminal and printer in the lobby area for guests to use. The outdoor pool was closed for the winter. A fitness room was located on the 1st floor with a few cardio equipments and a weight machine. Unfortunately you have to walk a short distance through the cold to get to/from the fitness room because it's on the 1st floor and opens to the outside.

My rooms were both in decent condition and fairly clean. Nothing spectacular but nothing lacking either.

The free breakfast had the usual selection of items including some hot food.

Overall a decent place considering the rates I paid.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed June 28, 2008

Upon check in the manager had to be called out to the front desk because the desk clerk did not understand the confirmation I had for four nights. I was given 2 different confirmation numbers because of a rate change during my stay.
The manager was totally incompetent. Took at least 30 minutes to get checked in.

Don't ask the front desk for directions anywhere--they are clueless.

I will say the room was nice and location is convenient. The continental breakfast is a bit dull but you can walk over to Bob Evans.

Don't think I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Stayed at the Fairfield Detroit West/Canton while in town for the USBC Women's Bowling tournament. The staff was very helpful.
They even helped with a glitch in my Marriott profile. The room was comfortable & the breakfast was superb.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ahs6971
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I have never had such an unpleasant experience at a hotel in my life. The front desk manager was extremely rude and hung up on me when I called for a second time to ask for directions. The general manager treated me with the same level of respect when I lodged my complaint. Try the Fairfield Inn at Detroit-Livonia instead -- probably the best customer service I've ever had.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank none1999
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Lets start off by saying that the staff was as rude as they get! I had 2 rooms. One for my parents and the other for my brother and I. Well, my brother ended up bringing is Pug, and brought it up to the room. One of the staff members told him that he needed to keep it in his truck at least until that night and then bring him back in, b/c it was small she didn't see a problem with anything. Well at 2:00 a.m. we got a knock on the door.....it was security and a different employee saying the dog needs to be in the truck, without hesitation my brother took him back out to the truck for the rest of our stay. On Sunday when I was going to check out I was told there was going to be a $125 cleaning fee for the dog being in the room, even though an employee said it was okay. I asked the front desk if the cleaning fee could be payed with cash so my account wouldn't be overdrawn and they said that was okay, so I did.

Well on Tuesday I checked my bank statement and I was charged for another $125 cleaning fee. I called them and reminded them that I already paid the fee, and they said this one was for my parents room. They said that they found hair, poop, and urine in their room. I'm sorry but the dog is potty trained so they were making up lies right away. And not only that my father has allergies so why would we let the dog in the room where he was staying. The employee then told me that the charges for going to stay the same. I then asked to talk to the general manager and she started yelling at me saying that the dog was in both rooms, when her staff knew what room the dog was in because they knocked on our door at 2:00 a.m. I then asked the general manager if I could have the corporates and she told me that she doesn't have to give me that kind of information and hung the phone up on me! I honestly think that they wanted to overdraft my bank account. I will never stay there again because of the staffs attitudes and lies.

This is what I had to go through when all I wanted was to visit with my family. I was willing to pay the cleaning fee for the room that the dog was in, but I am not willing to pay for the other room when the dog wasn't even in it.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank blueberry477
Reviewed May 30, 2007

I feel this hotel deserves lower than a terrible.My parents were planning on staying the weekend for their grandsons soccer tornament they ended up being "escorted" out by police. 'They returned to their room to find they had been locked out because housekeeping accused them of having a dog- a muddy footprint was on the carpet. After much debate they finally showed my parents the print which they did not want to do they just wanted him to pay a cleaning fee for the room before he could enter the room. It turns out it was the print from his tennis shoe. They aplogized. They go to dinner and come back to a lock room again by the night shift and are told they cannot get their belongings until a fee is paid. Through this whole ordeal no manager was ever seen or spoken to only the staff who could not even explain why the morning shift hadn't taken care of this. Needless to say they called the Canton police who agreed it was a shoe print but said they still had to leave. We have tried to talk or contact higher up besides the manager Connie Bargerstock but will not be given any other names. She seems to not care at all about good customer service and the treatment my elderly parents recieved was disgusting-they were called liars and taken out like criminals. They lost the money for the second not but the money is not important it is the way the staff handled or I should say did not handle their problem.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank soccermom3Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2007

Free Internet.

Two waffle irons as part of the free breakfast

Just off I-275

Ten minute drive to DTW

Restaurants nearby

Very safe area

Hot tub suites available

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank BuckeyeHoosier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Comfort Suites Canton
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#2 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!