Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton(Canton)(Great Value!)
$64
$75
$119
$114
Travelocity
All reviewsshuttle servicebbq grillstaying at this hotelfront desk staffnice staygreat staffshort staywafflesclean hotelbasilapplebeesmichiganikeagmdetroit
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great whirlpool in the room, but didn't like going
Outside to get to my room in the winter.
Customer Service at the desk need to explain more or why
They would double charge once you already paid, but they were nice.

Room Tip: Yes, always there to give towels and soap, thank you
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just horrible, should not be a Marriott!! Does not meet the standards or presentation of a Marriott. Staff was poorly trained and over worked, running around trying to accommodate services that should of been assigned to house keepers.Breakfast in the morning is a different issue, it was just terrible! I booked a week stay and checked out the next day! Don't waste your money, stay at a real Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stacey l
cantonffi, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Hello Stacy,

I would like to start by apologizing for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us here at the Detroit/West Canton Fairfield Inn. Thank you for your feedback, we use it to improve on our day to day operations.

I'm sad to hear that we did not keep our promise to give you an experience that will make you eager to return.

We are a Marriott property and do meet Marriott standards, and are proud to be amongst the best brand of hotels in the world. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things and provide the experience you expect to have, and we hope to provide.

If you are ever in the Canton area again please do not hesitate to reach out to me so that I can personally assist you with hotel accommodations.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've been a Marriott Platinum member for a few years, and this is the first time where I checked in and immediately checked out. It is dated, dreary, and reminiscent of an older "Days Inn" property -- complete with room entrances on the exterior of the building. The manager advised that they just bought the building and are scheduling major upgrades; but at present it should not be carrying a Marriott nameplate. Their charge for the room was $119/night (which included a $15 discount from their normal $134/night), and it should have been $69/night at best. The manager recommended we stay at the Comfort Suite next door (same owner), and it had its own problems as well. Go figure...

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank steve s
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am a single women traveling for business and this was my first time in the Detroit area. I pulled up to the hotel and saw that the rooms entrances were located outside! This terrified me and was going to go to another hotel. Upon check in, I told the front desk agent my concern. She immediately called her manager to provide me to the 3rd floor which entrances are inside and more secure. This was by far the best customer service provided to me at all the Marriott's I have visited! Kaitlin was the one who assisted me and she was outstanding! Thank you for making me feel secure and feel right at home!

Room Tip: If you do not like outside entrances try to book the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I travel to the Detroit area at least twice a year and the Canton area is a very convenient one for me to base my activities. I travel by plane and like to use shuttles and other public transportation as the Detroit airport (DTW) is one of the more expensive from which to rent a car. The Fairfield Inn has a very convenient shuttle that is still just $20 round trip compared to at least double for a taxi. Although located at an exit ramp for I-275, it is very quiet.

The staff is very guest friendly and always ready to assist. I had an issue with a bad light bulb that was fixed in minutes with the hotel's general manager taking a direct interest to assure I was happy.

Breakfast is included and is better than the usual standard fare with very good scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, waffles, bacon and sausage for the hot items and the usual selection of breads, cereal, sweet breads and yogurt for those that desire a bit less. The coffee is very good and is available at all hours.

A big plus is the evening meal available weeknights. Arriving on Monday, they had some very tasty barbeque chicken, boiled potatoes, vegetable medley, salad and rolls. Tuesday featured breaded pork cutlets, mashed potatoes, a different vegetable combo plus the salad and rolls. ALL of this is included in the price of the room.

Nothing is perfect so the ONLY negative about the Fairfield is that the bathroom are on the small side. Plenty of pressure and hot water.

Although I didn't partake, they a package that includes room, parking and shuttle to the games in Ann Arbor.

In over 25 years of heavy travel for an auto manufacturer throughout the countries the Fairfield Inn is one of my all time favorites places to stay and a heck of a bargain to boot.

Room Tip: A rating was given for a restaurant based upon the breakfast and evening meals provided as part of the room. A Bob Evans restaurant is just a 3 minute walk from the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo