“Not bad!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Rochester, IN
“Not bad!”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Just a little background info.... I am a hotel snob. I would have rather been at a much fancier hotel, but as it was we had a great rate and we were only about a 20 minute drive from the stadium and had a pretty good experience overall. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room appeared very clean. The bathroom vanity set very low and I had to crouch down to brush my teeth. On a good note, the shower had plenty of water pressure. We left the tv on at night although I do not do that at home. We were pretty tired and thought it would help with sounds that I had read about in previous reviews. As good as what the room was I do not feel that it lives up to the Marriott standard. Most Marriotts I stay in are new and this is not quite what I had expected. All in all we would return for the price.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
East Alton, Illinois
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was working in the area and looking for a hotel that had a good rate, the Marriott name, and close to good commuting routes. This is one of the best Fairfields in which I have stayed. The room was immaculately clean, the breakfast and some dinners were even provided and excellent quality. Their are an amazing amount of retaurants within 2 miles. Chilies, Applebees, Outback, Buffalo Wild Wings, and some upscale Japanese and Italian resturants. The room had both a refigerator and microwave, so for a long term stay, some meals could be prepared in the room. Right off of the freeway, it is only about 30 minutes from Detroit, 30 minutes from Ann Arbor, and 20 minutes from Dearborn. Canton, MI is a very nice town.

Room Tip: A room on the first floor allows you to park near the room, and enter without elevators or even goin...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Berkeley, California
Reviewed October 4, 2011

i had a king sized bed in a small room in this class 1 Marriott, It also had a small fridge that was a nice surprise. . Was a bit of a small room but I'll survive. the staff was ok, no problem with them and the continental breakfast is very good, a lot better than some places. only problem i had here and one another Marriott is a strange knocking sound in the walls , or some place that happens at random . 5 minutes or ten minutes apart. I thought it might be the plumbing, called "water hammer' I think...or the fridge.After i lifted the faucet up just a little so it would slightly drip, and turned off the fridge the noise stopped..just a hint here if you get the same prob.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jibjab b
Reviewed October 4, 2011

The front desk lady was very friendly- this was a late last minute stop and I booked on Hotwire for $47- the lobby looked great but I'm glad I didn't pay a dime more. The room was TINY and rather old with very hard beds. It was ok for a cheap place to get a few hours of sleep. Breakfast was ok and the coffee was pretty good.

• Stayed October 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Note: I haven't actually stayed here. This review is based solely on their customer service. I booked a trip to stay at this hotel for a weekend. Something came up and I ended up having to cancel the reservation. I am willing to eat the one night plus tax penalty for canceling last minute, but when speaking to the hotel, they said we would receive no refund. At all. Their cancelation policy is one night plus tax. Apparently there is no manager that works there because we called several times to speak with one. Eric the Manager, if you exist, please call me back!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 405mcdonald1

Travelers are raving about these Canton hotels

Belle River
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Spent the weekend at this hotel, Little shopping, golfing, dining and swimming.
I would like to thank and commend Eric who works at the Fairfield.
He gave us wonderful information on golfing in the area.......the inside scoop!
And did not lead us astray. This was before I even booked the room. That is Customer
Service in action! Bravo Eric! All the staff were more than accomodating.
Outside pool was crystal clear and well maintained. Very enjoyable atmosphere.
The breakfast in the morning (included in the room price) was more than acceptable.
Hotel is located close to all ammenities (IKEA across the street). I will most definately
be going back to the Fairfield.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This hotel is actually an old non-Marriott MOTEL (probably a Day's Inn) with its room entry doors on the outside of the building. The building and its room are OLD and badly worn. The property is located next to run down buildings in what feels like an unsafe area of town. But that is not the worst part. When my room was cleaned the housekeeper somehow caused my room to be inassessible when I returned from a day of work at 7:30 PM. I simply could not get into my room. I then went to the front desk and was told the manager would help me get into my room. After waiting over an hour, the manager finally arrived. It turns out he lives in a room at the Fairfield Inn. It was clear he had been sleeping. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair and clothes were a mess. When I met him the manager said I could check out of the hotel if I wished. That was a totally illogical and insensitive statement as all my baggage was locked in the room. Also, another associate of mine was staying at the hotel. In any event, the hotel manager used a specia tool to open my room door and then he walked away. He never apologized. I will never stay here again and I will ensure that associates in my business stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Xitro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Comfort Suites Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!